2D 2.5D adult game?

Maahes

Nov 25, 2017
Hello, this is my first post im not sure at all what this would even become just a simple test put together to see how it even looked using gdevelop.
the korra and meelo "sprite" are old assets for a game that never got far off the ground, they have expressions already made just never got to use them so figured i could use them for this very simple test.

Anyway the question i have is do you think a simple "task completing" adventure game in this style could be cool?

i was very surprised with how well the 2.5D plugin handled the characters they look even better when i import them my self rather then using the ingame editor.

PS...
i dont know if this was the right section for this or the rules for posting this video so i made it fade from black so it wont show anything without being played.

Characters depicted are 18+ of course. he just has achondroplasia like Hasbulla :)
View attachment concept test.mp4

Reactions: Saki_Sliz

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Happy First Post! (y)

do you think a simple "task completing" adventure game in this style could be cool?
Any and all content is welcomed, so long as there's a bit of effort! The challenge is, what to make?

I've actually been debating a 2.5D style based on my love for the old GameMaker tutorials back in the late 2000's, but I'm still bouncing between ideas and figuring out what sort of workflow I want.

i made it fade from black so it wont show anything without being played
(y)

Maahes

Nov 25, 2017
Happy First Post! (y)

Any and all content is welcomed, so long as there's a bit of effort! The challenge is, what to make?

I've actually been debating a 2.5D style based on my love for the old GameMaker tutorials back in the late 2000's, but I'm still bouncing between ideas and figuring out what sort of workflow I want.

(y)
yeah the 2.5 style seems to be my best option as well and i would also need to figure out the work flow, I wish i had more time to dedicate to learning how to code so i could make a better game lol, right now im trying to learn how to make a decent image that can repeat well to used as a texture, a top down fixed camera 2.5 game sounds really cool too but im not sure what program would be simple and best for that.

artistx

Aug 13, 2020
yeah the 2.5 style seems to be my best option as well and i would also need to figure out the work flow, I wish i had more time to dedicate to learning how to code so i could make a better game lol, right now im trying to learn how to make a decent image that can repeat well to used as a texture, a top down fixed camera 2.5 game sounds really cool too but im not sure what program would be simple and best for that.
Reminds me of seems like a good option and alternative to RPG maker... haven't seen anyone use it for adult stuff yet... but it's probably a matter of time... devs seem to update it a lot too.

Reactions: Saki_Sliz