Jul 16, 2018
Do you mean there is a 'My new family' VN with the same story as this '16 Years later'?
Or do you mean another VN by the same author has the same problem?

If the VN's author is here, maybe this bug can be fixed?

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
Do you mean there is a 'My new family' VN with the same story as this '16 Years later'?

If the VN's author is here, maybe this bug can be fixed?
go play my new family and you will see the exact same story as this one. yes this game has the same story as my new family and not the other way around as my new family was from 2019 and this one is from 2021

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
Two separate issues. There is a My New Family, and 16 Years Later has copied a lot of the introduction from that. If you start over in 16 Years Later, it actually says that it took a lot of inspiration from My New Family.

You only need to play the first 5-10 minutes of each story to see the similarities (maybe even 15-20 minutes, depending on your reading speed).

Reactions: MrFriendly

Krepax

Aug 17, 2022
A lot of movies are remake or inspired by and some are arguably better than the original (not many but yet some succeed).

Not to mention that having an original story is not the forte of 90%+ of the AVNs here :p

In any case, even if this was a close remake, the graphics alone fully justify the effort because this title is mile ahead compared to My New Family.

save8lot

Apr 7, 2021
Wetdreamwalker

I found a few errors in episode 12.

day14romancescript.rpy - line 2043 - the "F" in [Felicia] should be lowercase.

day14rudescript.rpy - lines 2190 and 2320 - You have a closing italics bracket {/i} but no opening one.

Reactions: Wetdreamwalker

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
its interesting to see. i ditched petra as soon as i could and now finding out about half or so of the game is skipped. is she so much more prominent in this game than all others combined ?

ayy

Sep 14, 2016
Last update was filled with engrish. Dev you gotta pass it through an editor, it breaks the tension.

e: also Barbara is fucking hot, can't wait to see more of her.

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
7 March 2024: The mod is updated for episode 12. Enjoy!

EDIT: Just discovered a textual bug, and a reported code bug was fixed. If you downloaded the previous Mod v1.0 or 1.1 download the updated Mod v1.2 below

(It should go without saying, but this mod will not work with any of the mods released by others here.)

Get it at Mega:

EDIT 8 March: I removed the mod as an attachment since the forum's antivirus scanner is showing a false positive on the rar file. Get the mod at Mega linked above.

Click the spoiler at the bottom of this post for previous versions of the mod.

This mod is an "ipatch" and walkthrough with some grammar correction, and minor adjustments (to the positive) in points awarded or lost.

NOTE: I only edit the "Game Mode" files, NOT the "Read Mode" files (romantic/rude path files).
So, if you start a new game, be sure to choose Game Mode.
If you load an existing save, it has to be one that started in Game Mode.

Please let me know if you get any errors on that specific route through the game. Enjoy!

NOTE: If you get an error at startup that mentions variables defined twice... just click the "Reload" button on-screen, that should clear the error.

Spoiler below is for game versions prior to 12

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I started a new game and faithfully followed the "Mod"... It turns out that in the game folder, in the videos, I noticed that there are some scenes that I missed. I'm doing something wrong, I recorded the screens. I would appreciate it if someone could give me the save that precedes that scene. :unsure:

Chloe is my favorite :)

Last edited:

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
I started a new game and faithfully followed the "Mod"... It turns out that in the game folder, in the videos, I noticed that there are some scenes that I missed. I'm doing something wrong, I recorded the screens. I would appreciate it if someone could give me the save that precedes that scene. :unsure:

Chloe is my favorite :)

I think those are from the corrupt/ bad guy route.

Golgari

Jan 22, 2018
Is there no option for some of these characters besides being a douche or them falling for me? I was kind to Hiromi but I had zero interest in her or her story honestly but I went with giving her the pills and now suddenly there's either romantic feelings from her or you can get a blowjob but like wtf?

Am I missing something? Or does it have to be either end their route on first meeting or take one of the romance pathways with every single character?

jonquilnatrix

Feb 27, 2024
Your're not wrong. However, it's literally impossible to reconcile a timeline for Barbara to work with the iPatch without making a bit of a story adjustment. Otherwise she would indeed have to be the older than the 3 daughters if she was actually conceived at the orphanage before the MC left (regardless of who the father is). But there's just no way that she looks like she could be older than Tegan which would make her at least 26 years old... Doh!

So for the heck of it I made a "Barbara" patch for myself which can work in conjunction with the iPatch to slightly tweak the story in what I feel is a believable enough way that allows for Barbara to fit as the youngest barely 18 year old "maybe" daughter while still keeping an orphanage connection for Karen... As long as we don't actually get a scene that shows Karen with the young MC it should work if anyone else wants to use it...

Reactions: Regardie
Dec 7, 2017
To me the patch in the OP Patches: is the same as TheSidewinder's Wt IC one, which is for Game mode and not Read mode - which is fine.
The Op Patches: does not work for Read mode, just defaults back to the normal one. Someone may have doubled up.

Game mode it is then......

Bring on the giraffe toe, all stitched up and no place to go....

1712031726727.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Punto
3.70 star(s) 76 Votes