EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
Screenshot_1.png

Overview:
"The game I'm working on is Shield High. It's a text-based adventure which I'm programming in C# about lesbian schoolgirls, essentially. At present the game is entirely combat driven, you fight other girls to enslave them, or be enslaved by them, depending on if you win or lose. Down the road I'm aiming to develop out some systems of relationships, and diplomacy, to allow you to take a combat-less approach to the game, however that's still a decent way off." ~Shield Games, Patreon, 2016
Latest version in patreon is 0.689
Free version in the download

Updated
: 26-04-18
Developer/Publisher:
Censorship:
Version: 0.11
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download: - -

Wayne

Life's pretty Straight without twisties
Donor
Nov 16, 2016
Statement from the dev blog site

Tuesday, 20 March 2018
[/paste:font]

As I'm sure none of you are surprised to hear, I have a big problem with procrastination. It's not just a problem of not getting things done. I could overcome that with determination. Rather, it's a problem where I put pressure on myself to get things done. And when they don't get done, I don't just say "Okay, I'll do them soon." Instead I say "Okay I'll do them soon and then do even more to make up for it." You can see how this might lead to some problems. Because when the time comes to do them again, now there's even more work to do, and so I extra don't want to try and deal with it. So I don't, and then I tell myself I have to make up for it EVEN MORE.

That's why a single missed update will usually start to snowball out of control. Because I want what I give to be worth the wait, but that's almost impossible to deliver. And the longer I put it off, the harder it becomes to deliver. So the longer I put it off because of the self-imposed pressure. This current absence isn't actually caused by that. But it's being made worse by it. Since moving, I've not been legally able to work. That includes self-employed work like Patreon. I could get Patreon money, but it'd have to be taxed in Australia, which is just...an ungodly hassle to work out. So the plan was simply to not update until I could work.

Good plan so far right? Except I told myself I'd put in work during that absence. And I have! Just...not nearly as much as I'd like. I've even scaled back my expectations and I'm still not working towards them. So now that I'm less than a month away from getting the work authorization, I don't have anything remotely resembling an update, let alone one worthy of the time I made everyone wait for it. And because of that...I continue to not update it because not updating means not having to deal with the problem right now. It's a rather vicious cycle all things considered. One that I would like to get better about.

That having been said, there was a comment on the last blog post I made saying they wanted to see my work resumed. I'm going to assume that's referring to Shield High specifically, however in case it doesn't, I am...actually working on other things. I've posted about them before, but there was no engagement and no sign of interest at the time, so I haven't really bothered giving updates on that. If I'm wrong there, and people are just interested in my work broadly rather than Shield High specifically, let me know, and I'll start posting updates on anything else I'm doing.

Anyway, that's just where the situation is at right now. I'm gonna try and pull myself out of this slump and get something going, but I'm not offering any promises. I've made that mistake enough times as it is.

Pudding Earl.

P.S. On a quick side tangent I do think about Shield High quite often. It's not like it's been forgotten, just neglected.

Rpgfan6622

Aug 23, 2017
It's been a while since I played this game. If I remember correctly, it involves girl fighting. This is one reason I quit the game. The game itself was my biggest disappointment. I just state better games are out there with similar ideas.

stilldowndowndown

Oct 11, 2017
It's been a while since I played this game. If I remember correctly, it involves girl fighting. This is one reason I quit the game. The game itself was my biggest disappointment. I just state better games are out there with similar ideas.
like what? i have yet to find a game that does sexy girl fighting well.

Reactions: Gigalomaniac

tontoman

May 4, 2017
how much content does it have
If it's the final RAGS version, before the restart on the new engine, it has lots.
I'm not sure which version is uploaded here.
AFAIK the 0.53 (Pre-Remake label) that's on the DL list in his blogspot has the most content. It's 11MB vs 2 on the OP upload. Not sure what the 0.11 version is.
The remake was meant to be a new 'custom' engine, but from a programmer newb who meant well, it's pretty much a disaster looks and stability wise.

So the last RAGS version has the most.
It's of a multi path type though, so you'll have to replay and choose different paths to see it all.
Acting more dom, more sub. Winning or losing fights (save scumming is useful).
And lots of side events that happen while moving day to day through the main story.
One of the better written games out there if you like the genre.

Here's a loose guide in the blog to see the complexity. It's out of date from the final release, there's more content than it states, but it does layout the starting paths.

Reactions: Gigalomaniac

Wayne

Donor
Nov 16, 2016

Wayne

Donor
Nov 16, 2016
Mods Change to To Active Game Isn't Abandoned Update Megas link with this its the latest version being Shield High JS 0.69

At least, hopefully it is. It's been a while since I've done this so there's a possibility I've done something wrong. If it doesn't work please let me know and I'll do my best to fix it.
But anyway! What's in the patch?

First of all, probably some stuff I've forgotten about. I was chipping away at this months ago before putting it aside, so there's bound to be some stuff I just assume was in last patch that isn't. But here's what I do remember:

-A new system for characters! You can now, if you so desire, go in and edit character files to make them say silly shit, fall in love with you, or be unstoppable combat monsters. It's not a complete conversion yet, but it's getting there.

-Combat text for...Sasha! When doing the tutorial fight you now have descriptions of what Sasha's doing to you. I picked Sasha because I was mostly just testing it, and I wanted to put it somewhere unimportant and easy to access.

-Combat re-balances. As seen in the testing. It makes fighting actually hard. You may want/need to use the advanced start and give yourself a power boost if you don't want any uncertainty about winning. And even then you might still lose.

-A (maybe) new plot line involving Pauletta. You can demand she submit to you, challenge her to a fight if she doesn't, or offer to make her your slave if she does. If she does submit however, there's a whole other plot line as someone wants you to back off her claim.

I say maybe new because this is content that might've been in an old patch, I'm not sure. The second phase of the plot line is new however.

A quick couple of notes however. Going to school post-loss will probably crash your game. That's cause the game looks for the events when you're enslaved that just...don't exist. They'll exist...eventually. For now, losing is kind of a game over. Sorry about that. Also there's a few rough edges regarding the Pauletta plot in terms of scene length and one win state not working, which I will have fixed for you by the next patch. The win state that doesn't work is the one where you don't fuck the new girl, so...I don't think anyone will actually see it.

Anyway, with all of that said, here you go, more content. Enjoy!

Next month will be another plot, 1-3 more converted characters, a full romance line(as voted on by the $5 crowd), and another character getting combat text(also voted on by the $5 crowd).

Pudding Earl

tempgr

Oct 3, 2018
I find using Rags as a strange choice of an engine for a non multimedia(pics/video) game.Twine would probably worked better for me.

Trixpix

Nov 16, 2017
I find using Rags as a strange choice of an engine for a non multimedia(pics/video) game.Twine would probably worked better for me.
It used to be Rags but this game changed engine around 5 years ago.

Rags actually didn't feel too bad for the game as a player. While Rags games are usually image heavy some games (cursed for example) have shown it works for text. Ironically while its still text based some images have been added since changing engine.

The current version is very clunky compared to the Rags version. Its not always clear what you have to do and its littered with bugs. If it doesn't get abandoned again hopefully the dev will spend more time making the game more stable as a priority. There's not much point adding content for later weeks if there's still a good chance of hitting a bug and getting stuck before you reach it.

tempgr

Oct 3, 2018
It used to be Rags but this game changed engine around 5 years ago.

Rags actually didn't feel too bad for the game as a player. While Rags games are usually image heavy some games (cursed for example) have shown it works for text. Ironically while its still text based some images have been added since changing engine.

The current version is very clunky compared to the Rags version. Its not always clear what you have to do and its littered with bugs. If it doesn't get abandoned again hopefully the dev will spend more time making the game more stable as a priority. There's not much point adding content for later weeks if there's still a good chance of hitting a bug and getting stuck before you reach it.
Last time I played it it was in rags didnt know it changed engine. I know about some very good rags text only games but given the complexity of creating heavy rags games and difficulty of reading walls of text in rags, I still think its better for multimedia games than text-only ones.

Wayne

Donor
Nov 16, 2016
last update post from the dev blog

Monday, 19 November 2018

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the absence of posting/content, I've been focused on other pursuits of late, and getting a job I hate. So much, in fact, I've decided to try and chase a new bit of work doing professional GMing. My original plan was to start off exclusively with a Pokemon game, however a short joke with my wife about running Shield High as a roleplaying game actually turned into a very serious idea, and so here I am posting to announce...

You can now sign up for a proper Shield High roleplaying experience! I've posted all of the information on Roll20, which you can find here:

However for those of you who hate clicking links, the long and short of it is, it's $25 per person for a 4 hour session, with a minimum of 3 people per session, and maxing out at 6. The system will be different to the one from the game, as quite frankly pinning down balance in my combat system is about as hard as pinning down your opponent for any meaningful amount of time. Instead I'll be using Cortex, a nice narrative system with a very simple dice system.

You'll be playing as first years in a potentially AU Shield High, where trios aren't quite...trios, since I could have 4+ players and I don't want to split you across groups if I can help it. Jessica will obviously be non-canon, but ideally every other girl will be present. It's obviously going to be an adult game, there will be some lewdness going on, though the frequency of being enslaved is going to be decreased in comparison to Jessica's Story.

If people are interested in trying this out, you can throw a comment on this post, respond on Roll20, just like...email me, or jump on the discord and chat about it. I will be giving fans of the game preferential treatment for placing you into games wherever possible.

Hope to hear from some of you!

Pudding Earl