VN Others Even in Sorrow, a Black Lily Blooms [Rachel update 2] [WaifusAndSyrup]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016

Rachel update 2.png
Overview:
After losing her parents at a young age in a car accident, Mary Miller loses all motivation to do anything. Even after her brother, who looks after her, continues to worry about her well-being, Mary goes through her days simply waiting for time to pass.

Years later, Mary finally realizes that she has stopped feeling any sort of excitement for anything at all. Just when she begins to question why she's even alive, she receives a strange video involving hypnosis that was sent to her from an old friend. The video stirred feelings inside her that she thought were long gone, and time begins to move for her again.​

Thread Updated: 2023-06-09
Release Date: 2023-06-09
Developer: WaifusAndSyrup - -
Censored: No
Version: Marsh Update
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Download
Win x64: - - - -
Win x86:
- - - -
Mac x64:
- - - -
Apple M1 or ARM64 : - - - -

Extra:

11.png C Trance pant blush.png eye edits2.png Screenshot (477).png Screenshot (481).png MDesk 3 edit.png 10b.png Doll 3.png

Last edited by a moderator:

netsrac

Dec 17, 2017
Thank you @crust
Will give this a shot. Plot could be interesting and I like the art style.
"WaifusAndSyrup" is so silly that I just have to download this ;)

Fistefuchs

May 6, 2017
It's not working for me on my Mac. I just get a black screen when I'm trying to execute the file.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
this is quite a strange and mystic title...
even in sorrow a black lily blooms... implies for me, that even when you are sad the flower will bloom, meaning, that it will bloom anyway in good situations. yet, the black lily's symbol is death. hm hm, either a fucking genious title or totally stupid.

here some stuff about the flower black lily:

Reactions: 2bornot2b

mthrndr01

Apr 23, 2018
I have to say I really like this. I take it that the menu you get sent to after the demo ends is the one that'll be used for the game proper?

scoopsmeister

Dec 3, 2017
Is there a way to get rid of the textbox to see the full images whilst playing?
Totally agree with this comment. PLEASE.

I would also add that I really like the two demos so far and can't wait for the third although if that was skipped and went directly to the game I'm in.

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
What's new on this update?
2nd demo is included, menus are different, some slight spelling errors and glitches were fixed and you can hide the textbox by pressing the spacebar, but the first time you do so you must press it twice.
It's not working for me on my Mac. I just get a black screen when I'm trying to execute the file.
I'm currently working on a new Mac download because this issue has been popping up a lot as of late. I didn't make this forum post, but I can message the person who made it with the new links once they are done.

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
this is quite a strange and mystic title...
even in sorrow a black lily blooms... implies for me, that even when you are sad the flower will bloom, meaning, that it will bloom anyway in good situations. yet, the black lily's symbol is death. hm hm, either a fucking genious title or totally stupid.

here some stuff about the flower black lily:
Black lily's have the ability to survive in droughts, which is a harsh climate for flowers and Mary is the black lily in this instance. She's emotionally broken at the start of the game, and upon finding hypnosis, begins to indulge herself in the fetish more and more to run away from her personal problems.

Also, they give off a smell, like rotting meat. It's not an attractive quality, and I likened it to what a zombie would smell like. As it happens, Mary is basically like one in the beginning; shambling around from place to place without caring about anything.

Also, in Yuri, you commonly see lily's used as a symbol of girl on girl action, but Mary doesn't fit the normal archetype of a main character in a Yuri, so it needed to be a different type of lily if I mentioned one in the title.

That being said, I've seen a lot of stupid titles for visual novels and light novels that I was inspired to make a long title that sounded over dramatic. It was meant to be stupid, but I also wanted it to make sense... if that makes sense.

woodpecker14

Dec 31, 2017
That being said, I've seen a lot of stupid titles for visual novels and light novels that I was inspired to make a long title that sounded over dramatic. It was meant to be stupid, but I also wanted it to make sense... if that makes sense.
Makes sense, putting in effort even when you're just trying to do something silly shows you actually care about what you're making rather than just throwing stuff out there. I guessed that it was to pay homage to overlong and melodramatic visual novel titles but hearing how it works in other ways was quite cool. I eagerly await the third demo and then the game itself.

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
I finally made a Mac version that works! I'll probably get the download links up within a day or two since I'm occupied at the moment, but just know it's on the way~

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
I sent the links to the forum owner, but here they are for now;

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote