Mod Unity [1.2] Hailey's Treasure Adventure - HARD MOD++

JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017

prev0.png

Overview:
Add monster respawning mechanics and various gameplay improvements.
Meant to increase difficulty and replayability after your first playthrough.​

Updated: 2022-11-09
Game/Creator: Hailey's Treasure Adventure - LAGS
Modder: JoeTermin
Mod Version: 1.2
Game Version: 0.6.3

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

New secret achievements:

Installation:

How to disable certain enemy types:

Known issues:

Download:
MEGA does not give me any statistic, so please like the thread if you download.
I will not maintain unpopular mods.

prev1.png prev2.png

Last edited:

FilthyWeaboo

Sep 11, 2021
I like the mod overall but there's 2 big balance issues. Enemy spawns can be way too clustered sometimes, the worst example so far was seeing 2 red skeletons, a dart zombie, and a snowman all blocking my path at once. The other thing is that the purple things that are just a set of floating hands with a face have really gotta be taken out of the spawn lists, they can make some levels insanely frustrating if they spawn with clusters of enemies.

JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017
I like the mod overall but there's 2 big balance issues. Enemy spawns can be way too clustered sometimes, the worst example so far was seeing 2 red skeletons, a dart zombie, and a snowman all blocking my path at once. The other thing is that the purple things that are just a set of floating hands with a face have really gotta be taken out of the spawn lists, they can make some levels insanely frustrating if they spawn with clusters of enemies.
Totally agree but that won't be something I'll fix soon, if ever. First of all, adding proximity checks for the number of nearby enemies is a lot of work and might degrade performance. Second, having balanced diffculty is not one of my primary goals, I think it's fine for the difficulty to be too much with a mod especially for a H-on-lose game (that does not mean I'll purposefully make it too hard - but I think for now it's acceptable and I'd prefer to focus on other things, ie. bugs or adding new content).

In the immediate time you can play with the config file, try increasing "spawn_enemies_over_time_interval_seconds" from 8 to something like 12 (seconds) this should make the difficulty more bearable.

You can also disable Head Hunters spawn by setting ; "spawn_enemies_ignorelist":["head"],

I'd like to tweak some specific spawns to be less frustrating, in particular vines (which sometimes spawn in unavoidable places) and carnivorous plants (which are very bugged but LAGS placed them in ways that reduce bugs chance in the OG)

JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017
BIG UPDATE!

• 16 new sexy achievements. Completed achievement now show a notification in-game.
  • Most of the new achievements are secret. Once you have unlocked some of them the last ones will reveal (so you can unlock them all)
  • Improved spawn algorithms, especially for vines.
  • Fixed lots of the original game bugs with vines and carnivorous plants eg. stunlocking the player.
  • Fixed 10+ bugs of my previous release.
  • Goblins are no longer invincible when blocking (so you can hit them several times until they stop blocking).
  • Vines no longer have hitbox when not snatching (to make them less unfair).

(And no sadly I can't make this mod for Android please stop asking for that)

kostrr2

Nov 27, 2022
BIG UPDATE!

• 16 new sexy achievements. Completed achievement now show a notification in-game.
  • Most of the new achievements are secret. Once you have unlocked some of them the last ones will reveal (so you can unlock them all)
  • Improved spawn algorithms, especially for vines.
  • Fixed lots of the original game bugs with vines and carnivorous plants eg. stunlocking the player.
  • Fixed 10+ bugs of my previous release.
  • Goblins are no longer invincible when blocking (so you can hit them several times until they stop blocking).
  • Vines no longer have hitbox when not snatching (to make them less unfair).

(And no sadly I can't make this mod for Android please stop asking for that)
Thank you very much, I love these mods that complicate the game. Very similar to mods from Alien Quest and night of revenge games <3

jlp333

Mar 2, 2018
i don't know if its a bug but some enemies don't spawn even its not in the (spawn_enemies_ignorelist). like the goblins for example. they don't show up.

Reactions: tur455

JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017
i don't know if its a bug but some enemies don't spawn even its not in the (spawn_enemies_ignorelist). like the goblins for example. they don't show up.
I haven't seen this happen on my side once, and I tested the mod for dozens of hours.

If you can reproduce it reliably the only thing I can think of is that maybe there's a problem with the base game version. I see that the HTA version on f95 is 0.6.2 but I marked the mod as 0.6.3 (which is weird because I thought I used 0.6.2 too but I can't remember if I actually used 0.6.3)

Unfortunately you're a bit out of luck as I won't work on this mod until LAGS updates the game again (likely in 3-4 months).

Reactions: kostrr2

jlp333

Mar 2, 2018
I haven't seen this happen on my side once, and I tested the mod for dozens of hours.

If you can reproduce it reliably the only thing I can think of is that maybe there's a problem with the base game version. I see that the HTA version on f95 is 0.6.2 but I marked the mod as 0.6.3 (which is weird because I thought I used 0.6.2 too but I can't remember if I actually used 0.6.3)

Unfortunately you're a bit out of luck as I won't work on this mod until LAGS updates the game again (likely in 3-4 months).
Yeah, maybe it has to do with the game version.. Great mod btw. It made the game so much more replayable. Love your work .

Reactions: JoeTermin