Tutorial RPGM RPG Maker Help Section

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

todzy

Oct 4, 2019
todzy Since [wait=30] is also being displayed as text, my guess would be that the [']s should be ["]s. It's always best to look at the original files to see how dialogue and text is being formatted and stick to that; while it's not always safe to translate everything between quotation marks, it's usually safe to translate everything that's definitely dialogue. In this specific case, there's also already a working translation patch in the translation request thread (I think it's of an older version though), so you can download and crack open that to see what the other translator did since we know theirs works.
On original it's same...
Here MTL\My\Original script and MTL from that link that you mention works, but IF I try edit Sister dialog 'inside' then game would stuck again. I don't know what they used to edit .ks and in what encoding they write, but there even space works fine...
It's magic for sure or witch magic...

Mod Leaner

Dec 1, 2019
Well this case is simple, the script detect whatever inside ['] mark for text, so in the message
[i_mes2 face='normal' txt = 'The air conditioning in my room isn't working well.' wait ='30']
It's mistake and broke the script. In this case you must avoid use any ['] in text, replace them with [`] instead (they look similar, but actually different).
The correct one is:
[i_mes2 face='normal' txt = 'The air conditioning in my room isn`t working well.' wait ='30']

Reactions: todzy

todzy

Oct 4, 2019
Well this case is simple, the script detect whatever inside ['] mark for text, so in the message

It's mistake and broke the script. In this case you must avoid use any ['] in text, replace them with [`] instead (they look similar, but actually different).
The correct one is:
Ahaha, dawn! I was sure checked this xD Well, now it's works :)
Only space would need to swap each time :)
Thanks!

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
todzy
Ah, Mod Leaner is probably right that ['] is the problem. You can look up "Escape Characters" to for more details, but in simple terms: the program saw the ['] in isn't and thought it was part of the code. The most elegant solution is to escape any apostrophes in dialogue. You'll have to look up the correct escape character for the programming language you're working with (or a list of all escape characters and try them out until you find the one that works), but you can try putting a [\] in front of an apostrophe in some test dialogue and see if that works. For example, the sample sentence would become
[i_mes2 face='normal' txt = 'The air conditioning in my room isn\'t working well.' wait ='30']

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote