Looking for (ryona?) games similar, but not limited to parasite in city, anthophobia, shahata's bad day, and/or sinisistar

eksynn

Sep 13, 2018
hi all, i'm looking for (ryona) games similar, but not limited to titles such as parasite in city, anthophobia, shahata's bad day, and/or sinisistar, among other titles.
pixel art preferred but not really required - they just need to be fun and relatively good quality, visually.
what would these even be categorised as? like, i've overplayed rpg-maker games, so i'd like to avoid those for now and focus on side-scrolling platformer/metroidvania-likes (preferably), or third person if there's a good/feature-rich one out there.

any thoughts?

.. upcoming games are okay too, in case i see this in 5 years and remember this thread lol - as long as it's confirmed they're actually being released.

eksynn

Sep 13, 2018
also, any news on the sequels to sinisistar, anthophobia, and paradise in city?

Ogrexin

Nov 25, 2020
Good ryona action really is hard to find, most of the games i tried were simply too hard or disgusting for my taste

eksynn

Sep 13, 2018
Good ryona action really is hard to find, most of the games i tried were simply too hard or disgusting for my taste
most of the ones i've been finding are just really unfinished, with ms paint-like quality or just lacking any interesting features beyond a lackluster and featureless one-level demo

Baitch

Feb 7, 2022
the only top tier ryona game i always return to, but i always install the cheat pack to tottaly enjoy the game is

Lona RPG

probably you already know it

Reactions: eksynn

eksynn

Sep 13, 2018
Last edited:

Baitch

Feb 7, 2022
this? https://f95zone.to/threads/lonarpg-vbeta-0-8-8-3-eccma417.49993/
i actually didn't know it - what does the cheat pack do? (and why do you install it?)

edit: goodlord, what are all of those links? the translation doesn't seem up to date - what do i download?
ohh right, since update it got hard to install everything xD

lets see the step by step is

1. download game, download Official Text Project, download Patch Tool: LonaRPG MTL and on Extra: Cheat Mod download ONLY the "Modular Cheats Mod"

2. unzip game
3. Apply the Official text project
4. Use the LonaRPG MTL
5. Open lonarpg FROM nyx Launcher (you have to search the .exe nyx and apply the .exe lona path)
6. Close the game
7. Apply the modular cheats (there is a video somewhere in the "Extra: cheat mod")
8. In: ModScripts > _Mods > Cheats Mod > text... There should be a "MTL" and a "CHT" folder, one of these 2 may not exist, in that case, create a copy of one and rename the copy as the missing one (for example, if i have the MTL folder but not the CHT, i create a copy of MTL and i will rename the copy as CHT) is as simple as that
9. run the nyxlauncher.exe and deselect everything and select the cheats one, now run lona and have fun

yes it has a lots of steps, but i use the cheats because the game IS DAMN HARD AS HELL

if you want to play normally it takes A LOT of effort, time and learning all mechanics. Try with cheats first and see what im saying (you may want to remove the "scat" thing in the settings ingame if you not into that)

hope it helps

eksynn

Sep 13, 2018
ohh right, since update it got hard to install everything xD

lets see the step by step is

1. download game, download Official Text Project, download Patch Tool: LonaRPG MTL and on Extra: Cheat Mod download ONLY the "Modular Cheats Mod"

2. unzip game
3. Apply the Official text project
4. Use the LonaRPG MTL
5. Open lonarpg FROM nyx Launcher (you have to search the .exe nyx and apply the .exe lona path)
6. Close the game
7. Apply the modular cheats (there is a video somewhere in the "Extra: cheat mod")
8. In: ModScripts > _Mods > Cheats Mod > text... There should be a "MTL" and a "CHT" folder, one of these 2 may not exist, in that case, create a copy of one and rename the copy as the missing one (for example, if i have the MTL folder but not the CHT, i create a copy of MTL and i will rename the copy as CHT) is as simple as that
9. run the nyxlauncher.exe and deselect everything and select the cheats one, now run lona and have fun

yes it has a lots of steps, but i use the cheats because the game IS DAMN HARD AS HELL

if you want to play normally it takes A LOT of effort, time and learning all mechanics. Try with cheats first and see what im saying (you may want to remove the "scat" thing in the settings ingame if you not into that)

hope it helps
i'll give it a shot, hopefully some time this week i'll have some time available to do it ^^ thank you

any other games? (this is directed to anyone else reading this as well)

Reactions: Baitch