majdaddin

Nov 29, 2019
Can you show me the line that says they're sisters so I can fix it.
I don't know if that's what it says, but what's what I think/thought. So what are they? How can 24 year old Jade be 18 (?) year old Ashley's aunt? By which family? Maybe it's explained well, but this one I missed. I think I understand the rest of the family, but not Ashley.

Kind Nightmares

Instinct Unleashed developer
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2019
I don't know if that's what it says, but what's what I think/thought. So what are they? How can 24 year old Jade be 18 (?) year old Ashley's aunt? By which family? Maybe it's explained well, but this one I missed. I think I understand the rest of the family, but not Ashley.
I'm also pretty sure I didn't mention anywhere that Ashley is 18.

I have shifted the age limits in this world because of events that happened in it, so people's perception of age is rather medieval.

Adam is Ashley's father, and he's Bella's cousin. I'm not sure what she should be called.

Reactions: the X hunter

the X hunter

Mar 11, 2020

I have shifted the age limits in this world because of events that happened in it, so people's perception of age is rather medieval.

Adam is Ashley's father, and he's Bella's cousin. I'm not sure what she should be called.
First cousin once removed maybe. Bella is aunt's daughter for jade and her siblings so you could say that Bella to Ashley also an aunt? Not sure.

Aioto

Oct 31, 2018
Thank you for info. In my opinion Jade looks better with old eyes. Now she looks like she in on crack. Maybe its only because its only cutout. On full screen it should look better.
It looks like the dev just added a lot of reflections on the eye so now you can't the eye through the reflections.

First cousin once removed maybe. Bella is aunt's daughter for jade and her siblings so you could say that Bella to Ashley also an aunt? Not sure.
Your first cousin's child should be your second cousin, your child would be your cousin's second cousin and both children would be third cousins to each other.
It's because Jade has a brother that is like 15 or something years older than her. Ashley is that brother's daughter.

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
Waiting on the revelation that mayor smith is Jade's real father lol
Looking at the family, there are a few differences between Jade and Mia from the rest of the family :KEK:

junkgkj

Apr 8, 2019

You haven't mentioned actual age numbers. If you recall, we had a bit of a conversation aboug this before when I tried to math out the age numbers based on the age numbers we had about Jade when she left home.
I theorized Ashley and Julie were 18 as well, even though the math would put them at 16.

Kind Nightmares

Game Developer
Oct 1, 2019
You haven't mentioned actual age numbers. If you recall, we had a bit of a conversation aboug this before when I tried to math out the age numbers based on the age numbers we had about Jade when she left home.
I theorized Ashley and Julie were 18 as well, even though the math would put them at 16.
I remember, yeah. I also remember that I told you that your calculations were basically correct, and that I decided not to add numbers to the game so that the players could decide for themselves how they wanted to play.
Perhaps that was a mistake on my part and I should've added something like changing the age for each character, but that would have broken the core of the story and lore a bit.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Are you sure you know how family works?

I've got an aunt that's 5 years younger than me. Family relationships have nothing at all to do with age, it's who your parents are.

My grandparents kids are my parents siblings and aunts/uncles. My gran had a daughter late in life which makes her my aunt despite being younger than me.

Now we come to this game and Adam is Jade's brother and also quite a bit older than her which means he could quite easily have an 18 year old daughter.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Apparently not. I am SO SORRY for having questions. How dare I!? Thank you for your enormously helpful reply. Thank god the internet is still such a lovely place. :kiss:
Oh, i'm a bitch and well aware of it however how family works is common knowledge and something children learn.

So you're expecting polite answers and i'm expecting common sense ..... seems we're both left disappointed.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Are you sure you know how family works?

I've got an aunt that's 5 years younger than me. Family relationships have nothing at all to do with age, it's who your parents are.

My grandparents kids are my parents siblings and aunts/uncles. My gran had a daughter late in life which makes her my aunt despite being younger than me.

Now we come to this game and Adam is Jade's brother and also quite a bit older than her which means he could quite easily have an 18 year old daughter.
On a personal note, after leaving my mother, my father was with a younger woman who get pregnant, shortly before my wife became pregnant too with our eldest daughter.
So my daughter has an aunt who is just 3 months oldest.
Strange things happen in families...

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Oh, i'm a bitch and well aware of it however how family works is common knowledge and something children learn.

So you're expecting polite answers and i'm expecting common sense ..... seems we're both left disappointed.
Our sassy ginger demon has claimed another victim...
:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Avaron1974

Kind Nightmares

Game Developer
Oct 1, 2019
common sense
You know, I'm saving this picture just for you.
a12.jpg

Besides, it's not the worst misconception ever. Just a couple days ago, I saw a comment on one site pirating my game from a piracy site that was actually kinda upset about Jade standing on tiptoe in all the renders. You know, because she looks taller than the other characters. :HideThePain:

4.90 star(s) 17 Votes