Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019

Frustration [v0.03] [J&R Games]

COMPRESSED

SIZE ~ 562 MB

PC/MAC: (1 week) - (1 week) - -

PC = Windows and Linux

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
The main goal of the game is variety so some future girls may also have varying degrees of Femdom, but most of the true hardcore content will probably only be with the Mistress and thus skippable.
There's some BDSM towards the MC that is skippable.
As I said in the developer tags, there is some BDSM content, which I will expand upon in the future, but that's skippable
Hi dev, 2 questions, what do you mean by "skippable", A-the scene happens in the story and the player only avoids seeing it (the scene is only skipped) B- the player avoids that scene and it does not occur in the story ? (prevents it from happening)

You can complete Marie's storyline to get 2 mana
Does this mean that the player is forced to follow paths with X character in order to unlock paths with others?

Thanks.

J&R Games

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2023
Hi dev, 2 questions, what do you mean by "skippable", A-the scene happens in the story and the player only avoids seeing it (the scene is only skipped) B- the player avoids that scene and it does not occur in the story ? (prevents it from happening)

Does this mean that the player is forced to follow paths with X character in order to unlock paths with others?
Thanks.
1. The scene happens but you don't see it. It's a short scene relevant to the game mechanics. You get punished for not giving the Mistress Mana.

2. Yes and no. One of the mechanics is Mana. When you complete a girl's story you have sex with her and gain Mana which you can use for other stuff. You can get a Max 3 mana so you will need to complete at least 3 girls in order to have full Mana. Some girls require Mana to complete. This early on in development there's not that many girls so you have to complete at least the first two girls. In the future I might rebalance stuff.

• Angry
Reactions: MAD6999 and Chimba

J&R Games

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2023
How do you get to 12 social it keeps saying the max is 10 for the version
Are you sure you have the latest version? I'm not getting that error.

If you're really stuck you can activate the console in renpy and change playerCha to 12 or use an online save editor and do the same.

Reactions: Kvr64##

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
1. The scene happens but you don't see it. It's a short scene relevant to the game mechanics. You get punished for not giving the Mistress Mana.
Not that there was a high chance that I would download a game where the MC has a Mistress. But if femdom is not avoidable (even if it's only one scene in the entire game), then the chances are zero.

In any case, thanks for the game and good luck.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Thanks bud and safe travels. Hope you find your femdom free dream game.
I actually have a kind of fetish, which is to avoid femdom scenes, so I haven't any problem if femdom exists, as long as I can prevent it from happening (and in return I shouldn't get a maledom scene, since I don't like those either, what I want is that there haven't any scene at all). Ok, it's maybe weird, but it's what I like.

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
Poll is missing unnamed sex shop girl she was the hottest.

But it's another just click about and see the same grinding bit 5 times to advance to the next scene with each girl kinda deal, so dull af to play.

J&R Games

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2023
Poll is missing unnamed sex shop girl she was the hottest.

But it's another just click about and see the same grinding bit 5 times to advance to the next scene with each girl kinda deal, so dull af to play.
Only had so many poll options, sorry.

I can respect that opinion. I've tried to limit the grinding to at most 3 instances for any new story section. I've thought about adding mini games and in an ideal world it would break up the game flow but things like that can limit the stories I could tell. For example, it wouldn't make sense to date some of the girls so I can't really put in a dating sim mini-game. Or a game to figure out their "frustration" and for some girls it's obvious immediately and their story is about getting around other obstacles. Mini games for stats makes the most sense but it can also quickly become grinding with extra steps. Maybe in the future I can add mini-games for stats and make them toggable.

What would you prefer to see? Or do you have examples of better systems?

J&R Games

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2023
Can't get the game to start, on load up it's a black screen and its not responding
I believe this is a renpy problem with older systems. From their forum they suggest either upgrading your graphics driver or doing the following:

Hold down Shift while starting Ren'Py, or press Shift+G once Ren'Py has started.

From the "Graphics Acceleration" menu that appears, choose the renderer to use.

Choose "Quit", then restart Ren'Py.

More info here:

J&R Games

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2023
I hope the next update will include nuns and nurses....

View attachment 3365094
I actually did have a nurse character planned but I couldn't find a suitable HS2 map. I still want to do it but it'll have to see how I can make it work.

Nun is also an option I've thought about but I haven't developed any kind of character/story yet so if it does happen it won't happen soon unfortunately.

Reactions: SoonAtHome

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
What would you prefer to see? Or do you have examples of better systems?
I'm of the 0 repetition camp and that everything you do should advance things (and that doesn't mean take a scene cut it into 4 parts then make people do it 4 times each time getting slightly further into it, like you sometimes get). I'm not sure what value making people go get some mana then meet a girl, see a screen of her turning blue (or whatever), and repeating that multiple times is trying to add. Only purpose could be to try to stretch things out. And for me it just makes my eyes glaze over so I'm already experiencing frustration so that by the time I get to something new I've stopped caring. But there's plenty of sandbox grinders out there so there must be a market for it.

J&R Games

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2023
Only purpose could be to try to stretch things out. And for me it just makes my eyes glaze over so I'm already experiencing frustration so that by the time I get to something new I've stopped caring.
That's fair. Naomi in particular might be a bit too much in terms of grinding.

It's a balancing act. Ideally there wouldn't be filler but having every scene be content or impactful to their story can get a bit out of control when I'm going for loads of characters. And most of those scenes would still be basically filler. Story-wise the MC would spend time with them and build up a relationship through repitition, but a bunch of scenes with him throwing paper balls or giving massaging is just filler with more words.

Wish I had a better answer or an example of game that handles this better, because I recognise this is a drawback, but I don't really have a better solution.

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes