Tool RPGM DazedMTLTool - A tool that provides quality MTL translations using ChatGPT

T-Block127

Jun 1, 2022
What am I doing wrong if I get this error?

Error code: 404 - {'error': {'message': 'The model `gpt-4-1106-preview` does not exist or you do not have access to it.', 'type': 'invalid_request_error', 'param': None, 'code': 'model_not_found'}}

ufjoif

Jan 6, 2019
Not sure I understand. The estimate is based on dollars and is calculated by going through the files and counting all the tokens using OpenAI's tokenizer. I have to guess what the output is going to be so its not 100% accurate, but generally the estimate is always around 20% higher than what the actual cost will be.
1714985480298.png

What, exactly, does 0.002 represent? I find that when I do translations using the latest model, GPT-3.5-turbo-0125, my prices are enormously lower than the estimate - around 10% of the given estimate. I notice that you use a different model spec in your default ENV config - that may cost more than the latest one. The newer models are better and cheaper. Anyway, the OpenAI pricing page lists prices in dollars per million tokens - I'd like to update the pricing estimate to be closer to the actual value I'm using.

1714985712393.png

Those two spikes represent two full passes of the game I was working on translating, plus additional passes. The cost estimate was $11 per pass, but as you can see, the actual cost was enormously lower.

Are you actually just using the old, expensive model? You could be spending 90% less money.

Reactions: jaden_yuki

jaden_yuki

Jul 11, 2017
how does this tool deal with CSVs? does it receive only one file? or a folder with multiple files?

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
View attachment 3608110

What, exactly, does 0.002 represent? I find that when I do translations using the latest model, GPT-3.5-turbo-0125, my prices are enormously lower than the estimate - around 10% of the given estimate. I notice that you use a different model spec in your default ENV config - that may cost more than the latest one. The newer models are better and cheaper. Anyway, the OpenAI pricing page lists prices in dollars per million tokens - I'd like to update the pricing estimate to be closer to the actual value I'm using.

View attachment 3608112

Those two spikes represent two full passes of the game I was working on translating, plus additional passes. The cost estimate was $11 per pass, but as you can see, the actual cost was enormously lower.

Are you actually just using the old, expensive model? You could be spending 90% less money.
The 0.002 is the cents per token. It might be out of date I don't use 3.5 anymore.

I'm using GPT-4-Turbo which is 0.01 and 0.03 per token. Since the estimate doesn't account for requests that fail, it multiplies the entire cost of each request by 2. That's why the estimate is always higher than the actual cost.

The estimate is essentially a worst case scenario cost analysis. Basically if you are going to invest in a game, it tells you the max it can potentially cost. But often the actual costs are lower because not every requests is going to fail obviously. The whole purpose is to make sure you know exactly how much you are going to likely spend.

ufjoif

Jan 6, 2019
The 0.002 is the cents per token. It might be out of date I don't use 3.5 anymore.

I'm using GPT-4-Turbo which is 0.01 and 0.03 per token. Since the estimate doesn't account for requests that fail, it multiplies the entire cost of each request by 2. That's why the estimate is always higher than the actual cost.

The estimate is essentially a worst case scenario cost analysis. Basically if you are going to invest in a game, it tells you the max it can potentially cost. But often the actual costs are lower because not every requests is going to fail obviously. The whole purpose is to make sure you know exactly how much you are going to likely spend.
Consider trying 3.5-turbo-0125. It's pretty good.