Tool QSP RPGM Unity HTML Java Ren'Py Flash Wolf RPG UltraFast adult games compressor v2.8.4

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Maybe I will do some testing, soon I will be down to one machine for the time being and not nearly as powerful as I've been using, so might have to wait until I have something back again.
This is same case I've mentioned about images with huge hidden alpha channel where u can reduce games size up to 10x times but u probably already forgot about it. I wonder is it same dev under another name or just wrongly set software or intentionally made to made game larger but for what is needed to add alpha channel for non transparent images where it even doesn't needed.

Reactions: Discoplayer1

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
This is same case I've mentioned about images with huge hidden alpha channel where u can reduce games size up to 10x times but u probably already forgot about it. I wonder is it same dev under another name or just wrongly set software or intentionally made to made game larger but for what is needed to add alpha channel for non transparent images where it even doesn't needed.
I enabled it, but I think I did what you said not to do.

and enable it afterwards (if enable before changing alpha_q value it wouldn't save!)
Plus, I'm trying to do these as fast as possible as I don't know how much longer the VM will be up for.

I still think I don't think I did it right again now on the one I'm doing now.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
I enabled it, but I think I did what you said not to do.

Plus, I'm trying to do these as fast as possible as I don't know how much longer the VM will be up for.

I still think I don't think I did it right again now on the one I'm doing now.
U need to check and add if missing lines below in settings.ini file (maybe u also forgot to enable "use cwebp advanced settings" at the top):
alpha_filter_s=1
alpha_filter=1
alpha_q=1
alpha_q_i=50
cwebp_params=1

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
U need to check and add if missing lines below in settings.ini file (maybe u also forgot to enable "use cwebp advanced settings" at the top):
alpha_filter_s=1
alpha_filter=1
alpha_q=1
alpha_q_i=50
cwebp_params=1
Looks like it enabled this time, I did that before but none of those lines were added for some reason, re-did it step-by-step and now it has those lines, putting it in spoiler.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Looks like it enabled this time, I did that before but none of those lines were added for some reason, re-did it step-by-step and now it has those lines, putting it in spoiler.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ok, but probably better raise a bit (to 60 or 70) alpha_q_i value since I've recommended 50 for those 2 games with fake transparency and not sure how much it would affect for images that are transparent for real. I have found only 1 (see image below) comparison where shown artifacts for too lossy alpha channel but it's very old 2016 year image and now I think alpha compression almost don't affect image quality at least for cwebp according my tests but better be safe than sorry anyway.
1714643913844.jpeg

Reactions: Discoplayer1

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Ok, but probably better raise a bit (to 60 or 70) alpha_q_i value since I've recommended 50 for those 2 games with fake transparency and not sure how much it would affect for images that are transparent for real. I have found only 1 (see image below) comparison where shown artifacts for too lossy alpha channel but it's very old 2016 year image and now I think alpha compression almost don't affect image quality at least for cwebp according my tests but better be safe than sorry anyway.
View attachment 3595509
Alright, will do that, and hopefully remember to change it back for those 2, as those 2 don't update that frequent.

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
alpha_filter_s=1
alpha_filter=1
alpha_q=1
alpha_q_i=50
cwebp_params=1
I was just bored, so I decided to create this .BAT.

Simply copy the file "Alpha.bat" from the attached ZIP into the root directory of the tool, then double-click it.

• Hey there
Reactions: "CJ"

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
megalol Do you remember whats going on with Lab Rats 2. I think I remember it was some kind of special case. But I cant find anything.
Well it has zip files in the .rpas that contain all the CGs. But that shouldn't work with Ren'py right?

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Well thats annoying then :D When I need to repack it. :/
Back in the day, when I used to compress games, I stumbled upon this challenge. It was a time when UAGC wasn't so bold. Can't recall what I used, but I managed make the compression.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Back in the day, when I used to compress games, I stumbled upon this challenge. It was a time when UAGC wasn't so bold. Can't recall what I used, but I managed make the compression.
Well it should be rather easy, as its just repacking. But its probably hella annoying. Not sure if I fell like it lol.

• Haha
Reactions: giqui

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Well it should be rather easy, as its just repacking. But its probably hella annoying. Not sure if I fell like it lol.
Check out the 'options.rpy' file, that's usually where the distribution lines are. Some developers create extra lines that are scattered throughout the script code.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Check out the 'options.rpy' file, that's usually where the distribution lines are. Some developers create extra lines that are scattered throughout the script code.
Will probably check it out tomorrow, if I find time. To late now.

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Will probably check it out tomorrow, if I find time. To late now.
Dude, I don't know if it works perfectly because I closed it right after I started the game. Don't ask me how I did the compression. Just test it and if it works, you post it in the game thread.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Dude, I don't know if it works perfectly because I closed it right after I started the game. Don't ask me how I did the compression. Just test it and if it works, you post it in the game thread.

Ok thx

giqui looks like it aint working. Fuck it don't feel like doing it anyways. :KEK:
If you still want to get it work just post it.

Last edited:

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Ok thx

giqui looks like it aint working. Fuck it don't feel like doing it anyways. :KEK:
If you still want to get it work just post it.
I started the game and closed it. It's very boring, there are so many settings, full of decisions to make, I gave up right away. Like I said, it's very annoying. The guy created 3 files related to ZIPs. There are over 80,000 images. Please ignore future requests for this game. The developer may have inserted a line of code related to file sizes. I've seen something similar.

Reactions: megalol

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
I started the game and closed it. It's very boring, there are so many settings, full of decisions to make, I gave up right away. Like I said, it's very annoying. The guy created 3 files related to ZIPs. There are over 80,000 images. Please ignore future requests for this game. The developer may have inserted a line of code related to file sizes. I've seen something similar.
Yeah thats what I meant with annoying. I didn't even test it asside from what you did cause its a stupid management game or shit like that.

Its kinda funny if the dev inserted something like that because they aren't even the original devs and just modding (or continuing) the game.

Reactions: giqui
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes