Hanny2000

Jun 16, 2020
Tough question. I have struggled with a lot of things over the years. Figuring out the headmaster's justifications for all the clearly perverse and immoral things he does, and trying to keep them consistent and believable (at least within the context of the games world) isn't as easy as I make it look. I usually have at least a couple of weeks in each update cycle where I'm really stressed out trying to figure these things out. I normally just keep obsessing over the details until everything suddenly falls into place. I think Rachel's storyline was the hardest from that point of view. However, finally having that eureka moment and figuring out how to tie the scenes together and to get to the ending I want is always very satisfying. So I guess the hardest and most satisfying parts are often the same thing.
I think my favourite scene to make is probably still the water fight. I had a lot of fun with that one. Also, that was one of the first scenes I made after quitting my day job to do this full time, so it was extra enjoyable to be doing something so fun and creative instead of sitting in an office doing a job I hated.
I totally agree with you.
When I first applied as a teacher, I was hoping to teach high school students, but I got to teach young learners instead. I only work four days a week, but I had to teach two subjects, I like teaching English. I did teach English Grammar though, but I also had to teach ICT (Computer).
As much as I like teaching, I worked for three months, to see wether I should continue or not.
Well, I resigned after three months. Because I couldn't handle teaching many classes.

I taught two subjects, English Grammar and ICT.
I don't teach on Wednesday.

Monday to Tuesday, I teach ICT.
Class 4A&4B, 5A&5B, 6A&6B.
Six classes in total.

Thursday to Friday, I teach English Grammar.
Class 1A&1B, 2A&2B,...,6A&B.
Twelve classes in total.
I taught almost twenty classes each week.
I also used 5 different books to teach these classes.
That's why I resigned.:HideThePain:

May 25, 2022
I think my favourite scene to make is probably still the water fight. I had a lot of fun with that one. Also, that was one of the first scenes I made after quitting my day job to do this full time, so it was extra enjoyable to be doing something so fun and creative instead of sitting in an office doing a job I hated.
I'll admit, that water gun fight gave me a real heavy nostalgia kick due to the music and sound effects used. It's been over a quarter century but I still remember Goldeneye on the N64 fondly. Still have it somewhere in the house, in fact.

Last edited:

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
This is a fair point. I did not intend to imply that these updates were equal scope or size. I was trying to illustrate the growth of the story. Depending on how you define you workload your critique is valid.
Also I am certainly not a troll as some other person said. I have a great appreciation for the work games take. I have more experience in this area than many here would understand. The only reason I even bothered to comment is because of how much this game stands out from the others on this site. You can see I generally keep to myself.

I suppose my grip is surrounding *where* the effort takes place. The original goal for subscribing was to increase output and increase releases. As others have pointed out, the storyline has slowed down (and there are may open stories such as: Yoga on the weekends, Nude beach, fantasy board game, Ms Chang etc.). I know some polls have pushed you to update other things. As much as engagement with your supporters is important sometimes giving them an update they DON'T want is better so they anticipate the update they DO want.
Additionally, some of the new dialog reiterates things the player already knows. You may have written the original explanation four years ago but the player just saw the MC explain his feelings less than an hour ago. You can save writing time and allow the player to insert themselves into the mind of the MC.
Finally, patrol events add a lot more to the game then they are given credit for and should be a focus in and of themselves. I think you have talked about this previously at some point so see my point about allowing the subscribers to dictate your focus.

If you are now the bottleneck then the amount of subscribers and financial support should help find a way through this problem. There are many creative people out there that can help with this burden. You are the leader of a small company of sorts now. Ultimately your delegation, approval, and oversite would be the key to continued success.

Anyway, I appreciate your initial response. I am sure you are not interested in a back and forth in a public forum with some bloke on the internet. I truly wish you luck and hope to resubscribe soon.
Summary:

By subscribing I wanted more content, and while you provided more and better content, you didn’t do it specifically in the way I wanted.

You do polls and focus on what your patrons want, but have you considered it would be better to do what I think is important instead?

Now that you have other people contributing, have you considered hiring a writer to write your story for you?

4.50 star(s) 248 Votes