RPG Maker Engines

analaccomplice

Sep 16, 2018
I am kind of new to the RPG maker scene and there are tons of games. My issue is i'm having trouble finding ones that will work on my Raspberry Pi 4.

is there a way to search by RPG maker engines on this site? People don't seem to post which engine a game uses when they make the download posts so i have to check all the posts in the thread or google each game individually and hope it falls under a certain criteria.

Or even better is there a list anywhere detailing games for each engine?

The ones i need are RPG Maker 2000, 2003, and MV. All the others wont work or are unsupported on a pi4 as far as i am aware.

Thanks.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
There's no prefix or tag for any of the different types of RPGM I'm afraid. Sometimes the DLSite page will say what version a game is. 2000 and 2003 have a RTP, so that's something to check for.

analaccomplice

Sep 16, 2018
True, that's where I have been finding the info mostly. DLSite. I don't mind the fact there's no tag here I just wish people would put what engine in their descriptions. Figured I'd ask here regardless. Maybe someone can point me to some compatible games besides Violated Heroine and Renryuu: Ascension.

I use EasyRPG for the 2000/2003 games and MV works in firefox by using the about:config tag: security.fileuri.strict_origin_policy and running the games index.html file.

Last edited: