Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
I just thought of something. In the last update mayas comments made it pretty clear their relationship was a codependent one. And that she also did build him back up when he broke. But after the last reset we have clearly seen that he now depends on ami to do it. And she also knows what to do -sort of- so that cant be the first one. And i will at least for now ignore any possibility that maya lied or there is sort of retconning going on. So how did that switch from maya to ami?

I think that didnt happen on actual choice, but just because maya is self reliant, while ami is not. So he had to because maya would survive, while ami would not.

And i still remember that theory about his suicide. And i still dont buy it. But what if the loops started because of the death of someone that is currently alive? I mean i have long since the theory that maya has gotten punished in one way or the other with her role in the loops? So what if before the loops started, akira's and maya's codepency let akira to abandone ami and that caused her suicide/death and that lead to the start of everything.

Hm, yeah, i am not fully convinced myself. But it would explain some things. I mean if maya was so important to him that it caused him to abandon ami, of course it is no surprise that he also did abandon nikki and noriko. Maybe all that just happened because maya wanted it to happen. That she was involved has been implied pretty heavy for a long time anyway.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DeSkel15

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I just thought of something. In the last update mayas comments made it pretty clear their relationship was a codependent one. And that she also did build him back up when he broke. But after the last reset we have clearly seen that he now depends on ami to do it. And she also knows what to do -sort of- so that cant be the first one. And i will at least for now ignore any possibility that maya lied or there is sort of retconning going on. So how did that switch from maya to ami?
Potentially, it never did. Ami saw him improve, and assumed her actions were the reason why. Now we know that Maya was doing something at the same time.

That would explain why nothing Ami did worked this time, because this time there was no Maya doing the heavy lifting.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Axismundi

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Potentially, it never did. Ami saw him improve, and assumed her actions were the reason why. Now we know that Maya was doing something at the same time.

That would explain why nothing Ami did worked this time, because this time there was no Maya doing the heavy lifting.
Okay, that could work. But then, why did he asked ami to bring him home? Was it really just because she is the only one left he could even hope who would be able to help? Because if he wanted her to care just because she was the only left, that actually would let me feel bad for ami even more.

But now that i think about it, that would fit in a sad way why we have just been told him caring for her but never shown.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

I think that didnt happen on actual choice, but just because maya is self reliant, while ami is not. So he had to because maya would survive, while ami would not.

And i still remember that theory about his suicide. And i still dont buy it. But what if the loops started because of the death of someone that is currently alive? I mean i have long since the theory that maya has gotten punished in one way or the other with her role in the loops? So what if before the loops started, akira's and maya's codepency let akira to abandone ami and that caused her suicide/death and that lead to the start of everything.

Hm, yeah, i am not fully convinced myself. But it would explain some things. I mean if maya was so important to him that it caused him to abandon ami, of course it is no surprise that he also did abandon nikki and noriko. Maybe all that just happened because maya wanted it to happen. That she was involved has been implied pretty heavy for a long time anyway.
Over the years, Maya and Sensei would apparently "fix" eachother after they "break":
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And by "break", Maya seems to mean "act all suicidal". What Sensei recently went through where he was bedridden probably isn't what she's referring to, as she doesn't seem used to this kind of breaking like Ami is.

Overall: Considering neither are good at taking care of people, or talking about their feelings, while seeing sex as basically a cure all, and both love Ami, I'm guessing when they got sad, they'd convince/force eachother to forget their problems and move on aka "fixing" eachother (in Maya's pov), while Ami kept them alive.

Frankly, this conversation may have spoiled the future:

It's also possible that Maya was actually the one who killed herself:
And Sensei created this world to keep her around (or Ami created this world to keep everyone around, since after Maya bit the dust, Sensei may have followed suit, and then maybe Ayane.)

Last edited:

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
And by "break", Maya seems to mean "act all suicidal". What Sensei recently went through where he was bedridden probably isn't what she's referring to, as she doesn't seem used to this kind of breaking like Ami is.
THis is actually interesting, because from all we have seen so far, i would guess this is the way he would go. Just a passive suicide by starving himself to death. Which would actually fit his character quite well. While an active suicide would not.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
THis is actually interesting, because from all we have seen so far, i would guess this is the way he would go. Just a passive suicide by starving himself to death. Which would actually fit his character quite well. While an active suicide would not.
I doubt he'd let himself starve. He'd probably just gorge himself on garlic bread and soda if Ami wasnt taking care of him, based off how he was referred to presumably the first time he was like this, in Ami's Chapter 2 'Living' Event:

He has an obsession with garlic bread:
And Ami seems to make sure he eats vegetables and stuff:

Sensei also wouldn't be able to be bedridden if Ami wasn't there. He'd be forced to take care of himself instead of having her literally wipe his ass for months.

Eventually he'd probably die from diabetes, like his parents apparently:
Although, I suppose he could always black out and get hit by a car, or fall off a building, etc.

Reactions: crustlord12

flameshin

Jul 15, 2017
Does anyone still have v0.38.0 update patch?
I missed the march update, and now I'm stuck with v0.37 main and an update to v0.39.
Or do I really have to download the full game since I screwed myself up?

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Does anyone still have v0.38.0 update patch?
I missed the march update, and now I'm stuck with v0.37 main and an update to v0.39.
Or do I really have to download the full game since I screwed myself up?
All update patches can be found on after public releases

• Red Heart
Reactions: flameshin

joryuken

Sep 19, 2018
from here in on I give bingoogus special permission to make fun of me till the end of time,*maybe pedro too, spoiling a game is not fun heck a spoiler for this game is like choking one to death and then making that person not want to play anymore, so for real this time I AM SORRY if anyone does not want to see me here I will try to not interact with anyone or if I do just mark everything with a spoiler tag at the very least, jesus this has been eating at me for the entire week

Reactions: Pedro4545454

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
from here in on I give bingoogus special permission to make fun of me till the end of time,*maybe pedro too, spoiling a game is not fun heck a spoiler for this game is like choking one to death and then making that person not want to play anymore, so for real this time I AM SORRY if anyone does not want to see me here I will try to not interact with anyone or if I do just mark everything with a spoiler tag at the very least, jesus this has been eating at me for the entire week
provide-context.jpg

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I think diabetes is Nothing is Beautiful reference, and if we follow Selebus' metaphor it means drug poisoning
If you mean "Candy" being possibly another word for "Pills", then I suppose it could imply it was a drug overdose instead of diabetes, but Yuu at least also had a poor diet on top of the candy:

It may just mean poor health led to their death. Saki seemed to outlive Yuu, but I doubt she outlived him well, considering she didn't seem to like Sensei, and probably died when Sensei was young. Possibly what led to him seeing Sekai as a mother figure.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
It's not that deep lol

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Everyone already moved on dude, you fucked up, learn from it, you already apologized so just move on from it.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
They quoted someone obviously new to this game, while implying something bad will happen to a certain shrine maiden, which is something that could affect a new player's entire experience.
What's done is done. Just try to think about how you may affect someone's experience in the future and it should be fine.

I don't really think everything needs to be marked with a spoiler, as this is the discussion section and someone who reads comments before even playing, is typically asking to be spoiled in some way.

However, within a few days after a new update or when replying to someone obviously behind or new, it's best to keep things that could spoil the experience hidden. At least that's how I see it.

I do however recommend putting things like screenshots in Spoilers like this:
Simply because some may find it irritating otherwise, and it'll also make a post look better overall, imo.

4.20 star(s) 292 Votes