• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Does Early Games Worth It?

HolyZombie

Aug 5, 2016
I was just wondering, after seeing everyone giving links to a lot of new games, from all types or genres, and it's sometimes bothering me to take a look at each of these games.

The question is, is it worth it? is it worth anything to play these early projects? is it worth the time to play these small contents of unknown games, just to waste the time finding out it isn't as we expected? This usually happened with v0.1 - v0.4 with so little contents.

I know they rely on site like patreon or kickstarter to get the money needed to start their projects. And I'm sorry if I offend anyone. But something like this, sometimes prevent me from looking at some great games, camouflaged by many small, sample games.

Reactions: Dogmeat and if95

lexus33

Aug 16, 2016
Well, my solution to play adult games is very simple :) I only play finished games or when the size of the game is more than 500MB and it's still not finished. Usually it's working pretty well and I'm not disappointed :)

I think testing all new games v0.1, alpha, beta .etc is not worth.You'll just lose your time and EVEN if you like the game you must wait a lot of time till the game is being finished.

Reactions: if95

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Yes it's worth it. I'd rather play the concept and see how it stands than to download a v0.5 that's 1-4gb and then just find out at the first 30 seconds of the game that I hate it. SummertimeSaga, Big Brother, 4 Elements Trainer, Wind's Disciple, Rogue-like, the list goes on. These are games that I enjoyed so much to play, and half of them were broken af but I knew they were going to turn into something amazing.

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
Personally I look at all games it takes seconds to download them and size is not always the indicator of quality
If you mean is it worth trying a game which is version alpha 0.1 well I do even if it has little content it still allows me to see if I like the concept and it keeps me busy at work for a few minutes :)
So I vote yes download newbie games
So I guess thats why I follow TCMS as we think alike even though I am sometimes naughty on the forums :)

Nightcrawler

Carpe Diem
Donor
May 23, 2017
Yes i think its worth it looking at Demo's and games that have just been started it gives you a chance to have a look at the game Mechanics , story , what the art will be like without committing to a massive download later down the line only to find you don't like it.
And if you like a game that you are downloading from here you can put the thread on watch list and keep an eye on the updates coming through :) .