silkyspectre

Mar 5, 2018
Technically, having a horse did. For most of european history.
It's a little more complicated than that, still. Typically there was a certain number of knights who were given their positions for a reason, whether because war loomed on the horizon, defending borders, etc. Not all 'wartime knights' were landed, but frequently they were... which was important because you were expected to provide/upkeep your own arms and armor, including a horse, and maintain a retinue while travelling away from home which some European knights were expected to do for as much as six months out of a given year, visiting other territories/patrolling their own to deal with problems. You were also expected to be able to host your king and his household to a comfortable degree on short notice to avoid insulting his status (which often included feeding the king's retinue of potentially several hundred people, and feeding them WELL at that.)

A poor knight who could not meet these social obligations adequately was often considered low in status, and rarely considered for promotion to nobility... to say nothing of being less able to adequately equip himself and his men in times of war. Not a good thing, you can imagine.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Where can I find a signature for this game? The sigs link at the top doesn't lead anywhere, and I'm trying to update my signatures.
The post linked in the op seems to have been deleted, I'm not sure why...
You can find the sigs below (see spoiler)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Have Fun! ♡

The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022

Mostrar menos

"I think I might have a crush on my classmate. For some reason, she always wears pink. She's kind. She is beloved by everyone. And that smile. That goddamn smile..."
Also... hear me out. I may have overdone things a little. You can find a total of -28- variations in the attachments. Just so that you can take your time choosing your favorite combination of socks, ties and camera angles :p

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 577 Votes