3.70 star(s) 34 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I'm at 6000 words right now, I usually aim for 6500~7000. I usually end up with 8000

So we're relatively close

Oh, thank you! Is it annoying? I believe it's mostly because I tend to call my own sister that when I'm teasing her tbh

View attachment 3240688

Just noticed I haven't used it a single time here apart from the literal meanings (The girls refering to other girls)
So I guess that's good?
I don't believe anyone was saying you were using it to mean something other than "girl". However, in English generally how you use it often would be superfluous and sounds more like something to appear in only specific dialects (like in AAVE or Ebonics). Instances in the first 2 chapters where it shows up but where it would not be used in most dialects of English:

In chapter_01_02.rpy:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
On the question of it being annoying, I think that would depend on the player. I personally don't mind it; it's just how some characters speak. I do have to admit, however, that I'm American, so I would only expect use like you have it to be limited to the black community. At first it felt strange to see it applied to clearly non-black characters. I got used to it, however. Shrug.png

Gargarlley

Dev of "My Sister & I"
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018
It's ... unusual. I have never called my sister "girl" (just as little as I called her "sister"). We called us just by name. Maybe such thing is depending on the cultural circle.
Fair enough, to be honest, here I mostly do it because I find it hot tbh

Being totally blunt, yes, very
I do thank you for pointing out, I'll reduce the usage if I find it excessive

I don't believe anyone was saying you were using it to mean something other than "girl". However, in English generally how you use it often would be superfluous and sounds more like something to appear in only specific dialects (like in AAVE or Ebonics). Instances in the first 2 chapters where it shows up but where it would not be used in most dialects of English:

In chapter_01_02.rpy:
On the question of it being annoying, I think that would depend on the player. I personally don't mind it; it's just how some characters speak. I do have to admit, however, that I'm American, so I would only expect use like you have it to be limited to the black community. At first it felt strange to see it applied to clearly non-black characters. I got used to it, however. View attachment 3241747
Well, the evidence is damning. I might gone a bit overboard at times perhaps, I wont change it completely as I believe it would be jarring if they just changed the way they talk, but it is good to understand the reasoning behind it

Jan 31, 2020
Hello there, thank you for your support!

The anal sex is being thought about, I will probably end up adding a small choice to have a try out regarding it but honestly I don't know as of yet as I've never been much into anal. Perhaps I'll watch some educational material to see what I believe regarding it

About the timeline, at first I tried to, I tried to hold myself to schedules and tables but honestly. It would simply drive me insane, so yeah. I have a rough idea of where I want it to start (closer to the end) than a set path to it. Right now I'm just crossing out the remaining plot points I believe we should cover before we start the endgame
I have nothing against anal, but since i'm also a woman of culture, i'll go vaginal all the way. :PogChamp: :PogChamp::PogChamp:

Last edited:

Octagram

Jul 6, 2018
It's ... unusual. I have never called my sister "girl" (just as little as I called her "sister"). We called us just by name. Maybe such thing is depending on the cultural circle.
yeah, sounds like a cultural thing bc I've called my brother "brother" for as long as I can remember and I still do it even though we're both 20+ y/o now, and no one has ever said anything about it being weird, so maybe it's normal in my country... I've never called him "boy" tho, but since I do call him "brother" irl I find it kinda hot to see them doing the same in the game too (⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)

Gargarlley

Dev of "My Sister & I"
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018
yeah, sounds like a cultural thing bc I've called my brother "brother" for as long as I can remember and I still do it even though we're both 20+ y/o now, and no one has ever said anything about it being weird, so maybe it's normal in my country... I've never called him "boy" tho, but since I do call him "brother" irl I find it kinda hot to see them doing the same in the game too (⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)
A reminder of the forbidden can always be enticing tbh

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
A reminder of the forbidden can always be enticing tbh
I can guarantee it's a very big cultural difference. Taking all places where English is the first language, in those carrying the majority of that population (United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, United States) people do not use those terms in the way or with the frequency in which you have it in your game. And since the game's text is in English, it sounds strange to the majority of those from any of the aforementioned nations.

I'll reiterate what I said before: Although I found it very odd in the beginning, I've gotten used to it over the course of the game. However, given that others whose first language is English have said they found it weird as well, clearly it's not something you normally find in the countries I listed above. It seems pretty clear that this is a cultural thing, something not used in the way you have it among the vast majority of places where English is the first language.

MadGenuis

Jan 6, 2019
Okay, so after putting this game off for a while since the first update since last I played (chapter 6) was met with reports of it breaking old saves I postponed trying it out, hoping the issue would be resolved. I finally just got the update and went to try it out, and it would appear that my old saves still don't work. So I guess in the months since then the issue was never resolved.

So... before I even contemplate starting the story over from the beginning, have the early parts of it been revisited and reworked since last time? Way back when I posted here the first time, you mentioned:
Regarding a remake of the beginning it's definitely inside my plans
remake.png remake.png
I have in fact begun to do it, albeit at a very, very slow rate as my priority remains to finish the plot first. Then begin remaking the visuals at the beginning!
How far along in that process are you? And, even more importantly, have you taken measures to prevent future updates to break old saves all over again?

Gargarlley

Dev of "My Sister & I"
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018
I can guarantee it's a very big cultural difference. Taking all places where English is the first language, in those carrying the majority of that population (United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, United States) people do not use those terms in the way or with the frequency in which you have it in your game. And since the game's text is in English, it sounds strange to the majority of those from any of the aforementioned nations.

I'll reiterate what I said before: Although I found it very odd in the beginning, I've gotten used to it over the course of the game. However, given that others whose first language is English have said they found it weird as well, clearly it's not something you normally find in the countries I listed above. It seems pretty clear that this is a cultural thing, something not used in the way you have it among the vast majority of places where English is the first language.
As always I thank you for taking the time to explain these to me, my friend. My only hope now is that the rest do become endeared or at the very least comfortable with my more... liberal usage of these terms.

I don't know if Incest is your main thing but at the very least do you find it arousing or just indifferent by now?

Okay, so after putting this game off for a while since the first update since last I played (chapter 6) was met with reports of it breaking old saves I postponed trying it out, hoping the issue would be resolved. I finally just got the update and went to try it out, and it would appear that my old saves still don't work. So I guess in the months since then the issue was never resolved.

So... before I even contemplate starting the story over from the beginning, have the early parts of it been revisited and reworked since last time? Way back when I posted here the first time, you mentioned:

How far along in that process are you? And, even more importantly, have you taken measures to prevent future updates to break old saves all over again?
Sadly, apart from a few typos and wrongful images on the beginning, I do not believe I've fixed the error some users had. Although a save break hasn't been reported in some time.

Eitherway, the game is purely a novel with no sandbox parts so worst comes to worst, you can skip through most of it just being stopped at the decisions

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
As always I thank you for taking the time to explain these to me, my friend. My only hope now is that the rest do become endeared or at the very least comfortable with my more... liberal usage of these terms.

I don't know if Incest is your main thing but at the very least do you find it arousing or just indifferent by now?
Indifferent, if I'm honest. Like many kinks / fetishes, I'm neutral on incest. I like the love story overall, but I don't find it especially arousing that they're brother and sister. That said, I also don't find it gross. It's just a love story like any other to me. What I find great is the romance in general. I lean heavily toward the romantic and establishing long-term happiness... though I do play other games that aren't that way too.
Shrug-Wednesday.gif

Gargarlley

Dev of "My Sister & I"
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018
Indifferent, if I'm honest. Like many kinks / fetishes, I'm neutral on incest. I like the love story overall, but I don't find it especially arousing that they're brother and sister. That said, I also don't find it gross. It's just a love story like any other to me. What I find great is the romance in general. I lean heavily toward the romantic and establishing long-term happiness... though I do play other games that aren't that way too.
I'm honestly glad that even if you're not into it because the incest, you enjoy the story. My main concern was creating what I deemed a engaging story and I'd like to believe I've succeeded in making a wholesome romance novel

AlphaBit

Apr 7, 2020
I'm honestly glad that even if you're not into it because the incest, you enjoy the story. My main concern was creating what I deemed a engaging story and I'd like to believe I've succeeded in making a wholesome romance novel
I like that you are updating everyone on what's happening and giving progress updates on a pirate site but if there's not a definitive reason for not doing it, you should definitely update your patreon page, it can get you a patron or save you from losing one.

Gargarlley

Dev of "My Sister & I"
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018
I like that you are updating everyone on what's happening and giving progress updates on a pirate site but if there's not a definitive reason for not doing it, you should definitely update your patreon page, it can get you a patron or save you from losing one.
My main issue is that I never really know what to post. What do I say? All is good, I keep on working at the same pace i've always worked and so I keep on keeping on. Most of the patrons contact me in private as well, rarely on public mediums so until I had something to post I just asked myself, why force it?

I do post exclusive content for patrons (mostly on the VIP discord channels), but it's mostly eye candy as it's what it's usually asked, but on what I'm doing, there's just no new technique as of right now, I got the light better, I learnt to use a bit of photoshop to correct some things and the polls always came "Keep on doing whatever you're doing" so I just, I don't know, kept on.

Yet now you've made me paranoid, I'm going to make a post now

Last edited:

UnfinishedSentenc

Jan 5, 2023

In chapter_01_02.rpy:
On the question of it being annoying, I think that would depend on the player. I personally don't mind it; it's just how some characters speak. I do have to admit, however, that I'm American, so I would only expect use like you have it to be limited to the black community. At first it felt strange to see it applied to clearly non-black characters. I got used to it, however. View attachment 3241747
I call my daughter little girl, and I call my wife "girl" sometimes. So, I say it quite frequently. I do agree, however, that the use of the word in this game is overly done.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gargarlley

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I call my daughter little girl, and I call my wife "girl" sometimes. So, I say it quite frequently. I do agree, however, that the use of the word in this game is overly done.
Yeah, it does really depend on how you use it. And obviously everyone's individual relationships are different. My dad used to call my mom "sweetheart" and "honey", but I would call my girlfriends "babe". One isn't more correct than the other or anything, ofc.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gargarlley

00M0R1

Mar 29, 2020
What's up with this game? I remember it always had a long update time but its been a while.

Gargarlley

Dev of "My Sister & I"
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018
What's up with this game? I remember it always had a long update time but its been a while.
I was sure I released something in Christmas, my mind is playing tricks on me
Eitherway, there's no real point nor an excuse. I started this project with 4 people, they all left Midway when they realised it was a lot of work for little money
So I took to learning everything and just kept on making it because I didn't want to leave the story without a conclusion
At first I tried to keep the monthly pace by renouncing the rest of my life but that just couldn't be sustained
So I then took to taking it easy and I keep on making the game whenever I have time. I'll finish it eventually, but it's a marathon
Because I truly, truly hate anything related to rendering or image making. I detest it so much, I find it dull and tedious
I've tried to get someone to help me, but I've been asked for as high as 70/80% of the earnings so.. that wasn't ideal
Therefore here we stand, I'm slow. Believe me, I know. I'm painfully aware of how long it takes
But what else can I do?
They're 10k words updates, Ive done around 400 renders and around 20 videos for this one
I can't go any faster without wanting to shoot myself by sacrificing any little free time I have
As I logically have a full time job beyond this
So that's the thing.

When is it planned? Don't know, maybe this month maybe the next. I'm on the last stretch
I'd rather say this than try to give a deadline or straight up lie. The only thing you can always rely on with me is that I'll be honest with you all

--

I was asked recently and this was my reply, believe it was appropriate here as well. I really do feel sorry for those who are waiting as I play these kind of games myself and know how annoying it is to have to wait for an update when you like one. But I do promise that I really can't take even more hours of this without wanting to jump into the train tracks.

So if it's possible, bear the wait. I really hope the next update will be satisfactory.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I was sure I released something in Christmas, my mind is playing tricks on me
Eitherway, there's no real point nor an excuse. I started this project with 4 people, they all left Midway when they realised it was a lot of work for little money
So I took to learning everything and just kept on making it because I didn't want to leave the story without a conclusion
At first I tried to keep the monthly pace by renouncing the rest of my life but that just couldn't be sustained
So I then took to taking it easy and I keep on making the game whenever I have time. I'll finish it eventually, but it's a marathon
Because I truly, truly hate anything related to rendering or image making. I detest it so much, I find it dull and tedious
I've tried to get someone to help me, but I've been asked for as high as 70/80% of the earnings so.. that wasn't ideal
Therefore here we stand, I'm slow. Believe me, I know. I'm painfully aware of how long it takes
But what else can I do?
They're 10k words updates, Ive done around 400 renders and around 20 videos for this one
I can't go any faster without wanting to shoot myself by sacrificing any little free time I have
As I logically have a full time job beyond this
So that's the thing.

When is it planned? Don't know, maybe this month maybe the next. I'm on the last stretch
I'd rather say this than try to give a deadline or straight up lie. The only thing you can always rely on with me is that I'll be honest with you all

--

I was asked recently and this was my reply, believe it was appropriate here as well. I really do feel sorry for those who are waiting as I play these kind of games myself and know how annoying it is to have to wait for an update when you like one. But I do promise that I really can't take even more hours of this without wanting to jump into the train tracks.

So if it's possible, bear the wait. I really hope the next update will be satisfactory.
You have done a wonderful job with this game.
The story is really sweet & wholesome.

3.70 star(s) 34 Votes