demonslender

Jul 26, 2020
man i haven't been here since they started implementing ai and scat into the game and from the looks of these comments it was a good idea to jump ship. i only came back out of morbid curiosity to see just how much further things have fallen since then. so from my understanding this is being turned into a steam game and all the actual art is being replaced by ai, is it even legal to sell this on steam if it's full of ai art?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
man i haven't been here since they started implementing ai and scat into the game and from the looks of these comments it was a good idea to jump ship. i only came back out of morbid curiosity to see just how much further things have fallen since then. so from my understanding this is being turned into a steam game and all the actual art is being replaced by ai, is it even legal to sell this on steam if it's full of ai art?
People toss around the word "legal" when the law has nothing to do with it. Is it within Steam's guidelines for a title to use AI art? that they use pre-generated AI content.

So, if Uberpie wants to submit Taffy Tales for consideration on Steam, Uberpie will have to publicly disclose that AI generated art is used in Taffy Tales.

Now, to an actual legal point - as a reminder - because Uberpie is using AI generated art (trained from his originally drawn art) and it is obvious that Uberpie makes little, if any, effort to edit after the generation of the art, Uberpie has lost much of their claim to IP rights if anyone were to use their art for their own purpose. Even if Uberpie were to simply edit to remove two extra assholes or the errant finger, that may not be sufficient to protect their copyright for their art.

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
If I wanted to replicate some of the characters with the Taffy Tales style as a basis what AI Art format should I use do y'all think?

Or rather, how do I view the unity character files? Tinker with them? Sorry I'm new to this...

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
1) a specific date for the next update,
2) because next month starts soon
(edited to make response understood)
  1. there won't be a date given until they get very close (like when they are a couple weeks out from update)... and that won't be for months from now.
    they just started on doing the rework on whatever they call "Season 1" about 2 months ago - we're easily at least 4, if not 6, more months from any release.
  2. what does this have to do with anything?

Reactions: succhiale

Redelin

Sep 20, 2017
  1. there won't be a date given until they get very close (like when they are a couple weeks out from update)... and that won't be for months from now.
    they just started on doing the rework on whatever they call "Season 1" about 2 months ago - we're easily at least 4, if not 6, more months from any release.
  2. what does this have to do with anything?
The most depressing fact is that we’re in for 2 years of remake development before content progression. I only hope that actual improvements come, (although from the last preview of brinda I’m afraid for the art).

Vanheller

Dec 30, 2021
Hello everyone!

Just checking in to say progress is going well on the latest work, and we wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone for helping us reach over 1500+ subscribestars!
Your support is hugely important and appreciated by all of us on the team!

Also, if you haven't been assigned role on the discord server, please relink your discord account on subscribestar again. It should work now!

Thank you all so much!
Without you guys, none of this would be possible!
Love,
-The Taffy Tales Team

"Well, that's one way to get me to focus on a lecture!"

My note: Is it just me or does Clara's face look weird?

1716960162951.png

Lucas90251

Dec 2, 2017
Hello everyone!

Just checking in to say progress is going well on the latest work, and we wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone for helping us reach over 1500+ subscribestars!

Also, if you haven't been assigned role on the discord server, please relink your discord account on subscribestar again. It should work now!

Thank you all so much!
Love,
-The Taffy Tales Team

View attachment 3681505
I think its cause one eye is more open than the other imo

Thatlostone

Feb 3, 2024
Hello everyone!

Thank you all so much!
Love,
-The Taffy Tales Team

View attachment 3681505
It's not just you, you can clearly see the AI at work here. It's a shame really, old art was 10/10.

Reactions: Bloodhunter

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
I'm not surprised. Other dev's are doing the same thing, and idiots keep giving them money to "remake" an unfinished game. I want to say how dumb the dev is for doing this, but it's the patreons that deserve the blame.

3.50 star(s) 346 Votes