Others NTRAHOLIC DX [Development Thread]

NTRWarthog

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2022
What languages are planned to be supported? Do you plan to add the possibility of easy translation of the game by fans? Put all language packs in easily editable files? If the list of languages is planned to be small, I would very much like to ask you to consider this possibility.
For now, we only support English, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean.
Last time, it was not really a good idea to translate the game by directly editing the txt file generated by the Unity Auto translator. We've learned it the hard way and this time, we are managing all texts in CVS format. Not sure if you could easily extract this file to add other translations tho...

Reactions: Troua

UFOabyr

Jul 30, 2018
For now, we only support English, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean.
Last time, it was not really a good idea to translate the game by directly editing the txt file generated by the Unity Auto translator. We've learned it the hard way and this time, we are managing all texts in CVS format. Not sure if you could easily extract this file to add other translations tho...
Unfortunately, this depends on you, not me, which is why I asked about it. If you provide easy access to this file and do not package it in the game files (as far as I know Godot uses .pck format packages), then there should be no problems. Although I have some experience in repackaging a game using the Godot engine, I am not sure that this can be done with your game given the complexity of the project.

UFOabyr

Jul 30, 2018
May I ask why you decided to switch from the Unity engine to Godot?
I want to start studying one of these engines but I still can’t make a choice. I like Unity's ubiquity, but Godot, in my opinion, is much easier to learn and not so cluttered. I have some experience in modifying games on Godot, where I was even able to implement several new features, fix some bugs and translate the game into my native language without any problems. While on Unity the most I can do is introduce new fonts that support my language, and even then it’s not always possible to do this. There is no talk at all about a full translation, with the introduction of translation into game packages. Only using BepInEx and XUnity.AutoTranslator.

Last edited:
Reactions: NTRWarthog

Northway9

Jan 5, 2022
May I ask why you decided to switch from the Unity engine to Godot?
I want to start studying one of these engines but I still can’t make a choice. I like Unity's ubiquity, but Godot, in my opinion, is much easier to learn and not so cluttered. I have some experience in modifying games on Godot, where I was even able to implement several new features, fix some bugs and translate the game into my native language without any problems. While on Unity the most I can do is introduce new fonts that support my language, and even then it’s not always possible to do this. There is no talk at all about a full translation, with the introduction of translation into game packages. Only using BepInEx and XUnity.AutoTranslator.
Hello, you should read this article in styme by Tiramisu. < >
Everything is described in it.