Request MTL Image Translation Tools?

thebreadgod

Jun 25, 2018
I have noticed that there are a lot of new tools being made for translating text in games using MTL tools like DeepL and ChatGPT. But I haven't seen any tools for translating text in images, such as a label in a user interface or text drawn into a character image. It seems like most translators either edit the images by hand or skip translating images entirely.

I know that Google Translate has the ability to upload an image and download a translated version of that image, but the process is pretty cumbersome for a game with a lot of images to translate. Similarly, I have seen suggestions to use a real time translation app on your phone and use that to translate text in images, but having to hold your phone up to a screen just to read an word saved as an image seems even less ideal.

With that in mind, are there any MTL tools out there that can translate text in images?

May 13, 2020
I have noticed that there are a lot of new tools being made for translating text in games using MTL tools like DeepL and ChatGPT. But I haven't seen any tools for translating text in images, such as a label in a user interface or text drawn into a character image. It seems like most translators either edit the images by hand or skip translating images entirely.

I know that Google Translate has the ability to upload an image and download a translated version of that image, but the process is pretty cumbersome for a game with a lot of images to translate. Similarly, I have seen suggestions to use a real time translation app on your phone and use that to translate text in images, but having to hold your phone up to a screen just to read an word saved as an image seems even less ideal.

With that in mind, are there any MTL tools out there that can translate text in images?

Reactions: thebreadgod