anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
Screw extra arms, when can we have a back mounted laser cannons for taur characters?! I want to arcane (cheat) science the ever loving shit out of some of some stupid(ly awesome) weapons/combos on allies (test subjects). Imagine, riding on the back of a moose-taur wielding two rifles and a back mounted cannon as you lob magic/long range weaponry upon anyone stupid enough to not run! I have gotten no rest after work and my tired ass brain is going into shitsville.
Saddle mounted rocket pods for your taur companion/slave.

• Love
Reactions: Susan Xandera

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
Just for kicks, I decided to see the logical conclusion of this. As a feral (specific race doesn't matter) with six clear demonstones, 100 physique, level 50, cloak of flames buff, and max fire and unarmed damage and crit power:
-snip-
For those keeping track at home, that's a damage range of 9450 - 11,550, and an average of 10,500.
Yeah.
Actually, I overthought this, the Soldier double damage boost is actually better than the extra 50 flat fire from cloak of flames.
1718048025295.png
This is now 13,500 - 16,500 damage, for an average of 15,000 against enemies.
The only way to scale past this is with race damage modifiers. You can get an extra ~5% damage by adding the racial damage knowledge perk on the above number (the tooltip says it's a 10% increase, but due to RPG Damage Math Nonsense™, it doesn't actually pan out as a 10% bonus). The highest you can get AFAIK is from the doomguy/girl perk from defeating all the imps defending Meraxis for an extra 100%, which in the end looks like this:
1718049154527.png
That's 20,820 to 24,780 damage, for an average of 22,800. This should* be the highest possible single turn damage possible in the game, once and for all.

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Actually, I overthought this, the Soldier double damage boost is actually better than the extra 50 flat fire from cloak of flames.
View attachment 3724453
This is now 13,500 - 16,500 damage, for an average of 15,000 against enemies.
The only way to scale past this is with race damage modifiers. You can get an extra ~5% damage by adding the racial damage knowledge perk on the above number (the tooltip says it's a 10% increase, but due to RPG Damage Math Nonsense™, it doesn't actually pan out as a 10% bonus). The highest you can get AFAIK is from the doomguy/girl perk from defeating all the imps defending Meraxis for an extra 100%, which in the end looks like this:
View attachment 3724520
That's 20,820 to 24,780 damage, for an average of 22,800. This should* be the highest possible single turn damage possible in the game, once and for all.
Apparently the damage type doesn't matter at all. I hopped into the game to try duplicating your damage and I discovered a few things I didn't know before.

First, is the fact the Ferals receive a 25% penalty to unarmed, melee, and ranged weapon damage.

Second thing is that apparently the damage type doesn't matter.
I achieved the exact same damage range as you did with a Feral Soldier with max unarmed, physical, and crit power.
Physical dmg.png

I had always thought that the different element types did different levels of damage with Physical doing the most, then Fire, then Ice, and finally Poison. The reasoning being that physical was the most commonly resisted damage type, then fire, ice, and poison.

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
Apparently the damage type doesn't matter at all.
The reason for fire specifically was when I was using the bonus unarmed damage as fire from Cloak of Flames, and I wanted to increase the bonus damage from it as well. The current Soldier setup can be any element.

First, is the fact the Ferals receive a 25% penalty to unarmed, melee, and ranged weapon damage.
I wasn't able to get this, either in tooltip, the stats page, or doing a few practice combats. Were you just low-rolling on damage a lot as feral?

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
The reason for fire specifically was when I was using the bonus unarmed damage as fire from Cloak of Flames, and I wanted to increase the bonus damage from it as well. The current Soldier setup can be any element.
Sorry, I wasn't questioning why you were using Fire. I was commenting on the fact that Fire damage is the exact same as Physical damage.
I could be deluded, but I seem to recall a time where there was a difference in the damage for each element. Physical damage did the most, then fire was second, then Ice damage was 3rd, and poison damage was in last place.
If it was always like that, then it is just me not paying attention to it before now.

I wasn't able to get this, either in tooltip, the stats page, or doing a few practice combats. Were you just low-rolling on damage a lot as feral?
Chalk this up as a genuine facepalming DERP moment!

I rolled my character back from being feral to 'normal' and I still had those melee debuffs. When I sat for a moment and walked back and forth between a couple tiles 'the lightbulb came on' ...
I was fighting in the sewers.

The game automatically places you in 'dark' mode in the alley sewer tiles, even if it is the middle of the day. I moved my character up to Dominion proper and picked a fight with something and the penalties were 'magically' gone.

My characters never seemed to miss and I was still one shotting everything, so I never paid attention to the darkness debuff or what it did.:oops:

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Sorry, I wasn't questioning why you were using Fire. I was commenting on the fact that Fire damage is the exact same as Physical damage.
I could be deluded, but I seem to recall a time where there was a difference in the damage for each element. Physical damage did the most, then fire was second, then Ice damage was 3rd, and poison damage was in last place.
If it was always like that, then it is just me not paying attention to it before now.

Chalk this up as a genuine facepalming DERP moment!

I rolled my character back from being feral to 'normal' and I still had those melee debuffs. When I sat for a moment and walked back and forth between a couple tiles 'the lightbulb came on' ...
I was fighting in the sewers.

The game automatically places you in 'dark' mode in the alley sewer tiles, even if it is the middle of the day. I moved my character up to Dominion proper and picked a fight with something and the penalties were 'magically' gone.

My characters never seemed to miss and I was still one shotting everything, so I never paid attention to the darkness debuff or what it did.:oops:
I though that by learning 3 fire spells you unlocked the magic lamp thingie and avoided darkness debuffing your accuracy/damage, did you lose that as a feral or this character didn't had that perk?

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
I though that by learning 3 fire spells you unlocked the magic lamp thingie and avoided darkness debuffing your accuracy/damage, did you lose that as a feral or this character didn't had that perk?
Its magic eyes for seeing in the dark. While we're on the element subject, all elements do the same damage with the only difference being what the enemy has higher resistances/shielding against vs. your character's damage/damage type.

Reactions: CaptainBipto

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
I am pretty sure that having 3 fire spells does cancel out that debuff from dark areas. I tend to skip over the fire spells and the bonus, its usually earth, water and 1 Arcane spell (telepathic communications I think).
Its magic eyes for seeing in the dark. While we're on the element subject, all elements do the same damage with the only difference being what the enemy has higher resistances/shielding against vs. your character's damage/damage type.
Okay. It is just me, not paying attention then.
I have played this game for so long, it feels like everything is a blur. I start a new character every so often and just follow mostly the same routines.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes