JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Nothing unusual, just sensei being sensei, I legit teared up when I learned about Maya, I didn't even know I can do that.
So he goes catatonic for a few months and Ami goes batshit crazy trying to protect him. Then Sensei returns back to normal, but ami already broken more than in her chapter 3 events. She gets depressed and Sensei takes care about her

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
So he goes catatonic for a few months and Ami goes batshit crazy trying to protect him. Then Sensei returns back to normal, but ami already broken more than in her chapter 3 events. She gets depressed and Sensei takes care about her
Sounds like a Tuesday for Sensei.

RimaChi

Jul 5, 2021
requesting anyone to share their complete saved playthrough before the latest story update dumb me formatted the folder where the saves and game were, thank you.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I think this is a rather interesting topic. Because I feel like it's more of a "problem" (or maybe simply the intent) with the way the story is written. Futaba is just not a compelling character, as it has been pointed out by many people here, as well as herself and Akira. For instance, Io shares some traits with Futaba in her extreme lack of self-worth, yet Io is highly compelling.

Yumi bullies Futaba many times over, but that's just in the beginning which is then followed by "The Town has Two Halves" which radically changes our perception of her forever. I don't think it would be a stretch to say that we all feel some sort of collective guilt or pity for what has been done to her.

Then what happens? Yumi steadily grows, shows her affection for Akira at increasing rates, has a compelling emotional turmoil about liking a person that forced himself on her, has to endure being cucked by Chika constantly, either by being present or having to take care of Chinami for her best friend to have sex with the man she likes, gets in touch with her mom, gets a job, gets into the apocalypse squad, and not to count saving Akira so many times.

What about Futaba? (...) Her parents are architects and she writes an interesting horror story. Other than that, there's the stuff about Nodoka writing her book, but we already had Ayane's list of people that Akira was sleeping with, and her being assaulted by Kirin, which both served a similar purpose, way before this and were way more compelling too. Futaba just always feels to me like too little and too late. She could have known about what Nodoka did "in her name" and had something interesting happen out of that, but we were denied that too.

In fact there's so little about her that being bullied by Yumi is one of her defining traits and that hasn't happened since chapter 1.
Yumi didn't actually stop bullying Futaba until Chapter 3, though.

Yumi just couldn't do much to Futaba after Chapter 1, except for that one time, with Sensei around, where she forced Futaba against a wall and threatened to kill her in Chapter 2:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nevertheless, Futaba's still traumatized by Yumi, and she seems to be her main source of trauma. Seeing Yuki caused her to have a panic attack (and Yuki to apologize for Yumi), and Yumi is likely why Futaba reacted the way she did about the book:
She didn't want to be a "target again".

Futaba couldn't bathe, sit, or even read with Yumi around, who was trying to steal her towel, mock her body, or steal her desk, whenever. Of course, there's also how Yumi fueled Futaba's bulimia and helped scar her insides.

That shit wouldn't fly after Chapter 1, though:
Nodoka wouldn't let Yumi around her. Tsuneyo was also there for more than enough muscle. Then there's also Ayane, who's defended Futaba, and embarassed Yumi before.

As for Futaba, she didn't get mouthraped or...spent like 3 chapters looking for a job, before crawling back to the mother who ditched her, like Yumi, but Futaba:
  • Was one of the first to get sexual with Sensei
  • Has bulimia
  • Optionally got sexual with Sensei on the first Class Beach, and Christmas, etc
    • They fooled around a lot
  • Usually took care of Rin, whenever she was sad or bleeding
  • Taught Ami literature with Sensei
    • One of the few girls probably not using Ami, and is friends with her in the Manga club.
    • Also actually shares interests with Sensei instead of just sex.
  • Actually goes to the gym
    • Tried to change her own life around, and brought Nodoka and Rin with her.
    • Seems to have helped with her Bulimia.
    • Did freak out after running into Yuki though
  • Invited Nodoka into her sex life
    • Optionally jerked Sensei off in front of her
    • Probably regretted that
  • Lost her virginity after wearing lingerie, with Nodoka's support, in Sensei's bed
  • Optionally won a dating contest with Sensei, against Noriko
  • Found out Makoto was sleeping with Sensei during Beachmas
    • Optionally got raped along with Makoto
  • The book
    • Kicked Otoha out of her own room
    • Is mad at Nodoka, and a little at Rin and Sensei
    • Seems to regret Sensei
  • Bonded with Imani, and is still helping her with her own issues
  • Recently beat Otoha in an Athletics game, lmao
  • Etc.
I think the main problem with Futaba is that it's more difficult to remember what she's done.

Still, she has 34 going on 36 of her own events, it's not like she's been doing nothing. Just more focus on elves and boobjobs than being Tsundere.

Futaba is also seemingly getting tired of being nice, nowadays, so I suppose we'll have to wait and see how Chapter 4 Futaba is, around Sensei, in her two events next update.

My original question is “Did Pareidolia impersonate USER2 and cause the Molly incident?”, something I think you implied to be possible to a certain degree if I am not mistaken.
(and I am gonna refer to Pareidolia as "he" later on because typing it constantly feels extremely awkward lol)

If the answer to my question is yes, that means Pareidolia was constantly lying about his situation and what he can do. Not just during Molly incident, he'd be lying every time he said "as the days go by, I become stronger", “the most I’ve spoken… probably ever” during Ad Infinitum, and the “this is my first time trying this” during Paranoid.

If he is lying during all of that, the follow up questions to someone lying are “What for?” and “To whom?”, and this is the part I remain unconvinced.

Why lying about being his first time throwing millions of affection point and not admitting to his doing in Lavender's Green if he has no problem admitting his shenanigans against Karin? Why lying about his still growing power when it apparently can already get Molly raped? And why lying not to Sensei, but to viewers by using the name USER2?

He will not need to lull Sensei into picking him if he was already this capable. He will not need to say "oh that's actually not me" to what happened in Lavender's Green if he is apparently now this capable in the new chapter; he doesn't have a reason to keep lying (he could've pulled a "It was me! Dio! Parold E Dolia" on Sensei but he didn't). Most importantly, he did not need to pretend to be USER2 if no one other than the viewers can be deceived. Sensei wasn't the target of that proposed deceit because he couldn't even properly figure out who did that anyway. Sensei could only assume it was HOPE, the CAPSLOCK guy, because HOPE was the one that gave him the ultimatum. Sensei would’ve kept misunderstanding anyway had he not had asked, so there was essentially no one to lie to except for the viewers.

I could take more steps back and ponder what motives Pareidolia could have to answer each of my doubt, but just gaslighting Sensei is not strong enough of an argument. The only lie Pareidolia needed to tell was to convince Sensei that he is "a friend", that he is "on his side" in the form of false promises to maybe pull Sensei closer and have him choose the "right god". Pareidolia's plan to will work without any impersonation.

tldr is that without further decisive evidences, the whole pretending to be USER2 scenario remains something that involves an overly elaborate plot and an unnecessary stunt on Pareidolia's end to either achieve some very elusive goals or to fool no one in the game but our keen eyes; meanwhile assuming whoever got Molly raped back then being just a different god is much more straightforward and requires a lot less assumptions.

View attachment 3638929
I agree all of this is not easy to interpret, but this is not a proof to "Pareidolia is instead the one that got Molly raped". I could argue that /////guy IS the culprit, and the whole "/////guy wanted you to think it was the caps lock guy" (an proposed incentive of Wire god told by Pareidolia) was the gaslighting part and should not be taken seriously.

View attachment 3638932
This I am guessing is because Sensei worded the question incorrectly. Sensei wanted to know who exactly was the one that kept telling him to rape his students during Chapter 3 (the expected answer here is HOPE). But if Pareidolia read his question as "which one of you want me to take something that doesn't belong to you?" then the answer is unmistakably all of them. And all of them do everything to get their fills.

edit: my mistake; I realize I was the one that quoted this dialogue to begin with. You were just saying this might not be trustworthy or should not be interpreted too literally, which I agree.

I understand this is the source of your theory, that you’re interpreting these occasions where Pareidolia spoke in USER2 fashions as, by extension, being capable of impersonating USER2 and doing shenanigans under USER2's name. From what I am seeing, this could be his attempt to reach out to Sensei during Wire god's season when he wasn't that capable of many things, and nothing more.

Besides, if Pareidolia really could go full impersonation based on these scenes, he didn't need to still talk in ////lower case instead of the proper ////CAPSLOCK during Abyss and Ad Infinitum. I understand that without those lower cases we as the players would never figured out that this was in fact a different god, but according to what you said this would be exactly what Pareidolia would have wanted.

Molly did feel kinda weird all of a sudden as soon as Sensei threw his 6M MOLLY POINTS on her. Though this was drunk Molly so my argument is weak as hell, still this at best can only prove that the tricks done on Molly and Karin are the same; it can't prove that the users of the tricks are the same.
Pareidolia wants to be chosen by Sensei:
And it seems to have always wanted his trust:

Pareidolia has also been working on this, possibly even longer than the others:

Making the competition (USER2 and HOPE) look bad, inconsistent, or as the villains, seems like an easy way to gain "trust" and get "chosen". Sensei is the one who connects to the gods/USERS so the more unlikely he is to connect or trust the others, the more likely there will be a Spring, and the more things benefit Pareidolia.

You seem to assume that Sensei doesn't usually see what we see, which probably isn't true. He's connected to USERs, and communicates with text throughout the game. (He talks to birds and plants, I feel like this should be somewhat expected)

Pre Chapter 4 Pareidolia also played the lower case hero. "Helping" Sensei in Trinity p3, Yumi in 'Abyss', and Sana in 'Ad Infinitum'. Why would it want Sensei to think it was not the lower case guy who was "helping"? Being distinct is likely a good reason why Pareidolia didn't simply copy the others when they were around it. It also seems to be a habit to talk in lower case.

Still, I'm not saying it was guaranteed to be Pareidolia, but frankly, why exactly would you trust Pareidolia at this point? It's not like USER2 said "I raped Molly" or even tried to get anyone else raped elsewhere in it's season, or outside of it, as far as I recall. Even HOPE seemed to just give up on Sensei, when he didn't take something instead of trying to force him.

But Pareidolia can actually close your game.
Technically, it can trick us into selecting an option that closes the game... (illusion of choice)

Still, I was referring more to:
Bruh apparently had a "game over" screen, credits, and special thanks, etc, all for a joke I guess.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Formerly 'luctardin'
Aug 23, 2023
Niki's plan backfiring again?

Sorry to double-post, but yeah, too many funny events one after the other. Chika just said she'd like to lose her virginity, but will take a bath first, and Akira is moping because he had a hard-on. Then this happens:

Noriko's not the only one cursed in that house.

Dec 18, 2020
Man, you guys are just starting to do waifu fights or something. The whole discussion about Nodoka is making me sick already. Yeah, I might be one of her biggest haters, but seeing "I hate her" or "She is actually an important character" all the time is boring.

4.20 star(s) 292 Votes