4.20 star(s) 52 Votes

dogg133

Nov 24, 2019
I'm so confused the game size is over 5GB but I get taken back to menu after after talking to Marnie about her work and a argument between a random couple.

Am I missing something?

^/30

Sep 22, 2018
I'm so confused the game size is over 5GB but I get taken back to menu after after talking to Marnie about her work and a argument between a random couple.

Am I missing something?
Looks like you missed both times this same question was asked, regarding the latest update.
The first one being almost identical.

Why does the game bring me back to the main menu after talking to Marnie about her work? Is that all the content worth 5gb?
is the game supposed to end after that family couple argues?
As well as the forum member that was helpful enough to answer them.

yes i think and end of this version .....
Let's hope you do a better job searching whenever you lose your house keys, or you'll end up homeless within the blink of an eye.

Last edited:

dogg133

Nov 24, 2019
Looks like you missed both times this same question was asked, regarding the latest update.
The first one being almost identical.

As well as the forum member that was helpful enough to answer them.

Let's hope you do a better job searching whenever you lose your house keys, or you'll end up homeless within the blink of an eye.

Not really helpful, doesn't explain why the file size is so big for such little content.

Also, they say "yes i think and end of this version" that is not a definite answer.

I was looking for a better explination and a definite answer not some condisending dickhead to reply.

Thanks anyway.

xsikal

Jul 13, 2022
Not really helpful, doesn't explain why the file size is so big for such little content.

Also, they say "yes i think and end of this version" that is not a definite answer.

I was looking for a better explination and a definite answer not some condisending dickhead to reply.

Thanks anyway.
Yes it's the end of this version.

Reactions: ^/30

^/30

Sep 22, 2018

Thanks anyway.
Please don't take my comment to personal. I tried to avoid being authoritative, using a lighthearted joke to carry out that threads should be consulted before asking questions. Which was destined to fail as text doesn't reflect the (intended) tone of voice easily. And in hindsight I have to admit that xsikal's reaction answers your question more clearly then the one I quoted.

About the game taking up a lot of space: SonsOfLiberty's great compressed version turned out only 320-325 MB. So it seems high quality renders are the cause of the original size. Which is confirmed by looking at the content archive: the short in-game animations alone take up 2 GB. Aside from images with a whooping 3840 x 2160 resolution that can be up to 10 MB each.

Whether the uncompressed game size is proportionate to the overall experience is a subjective matter. The amount of players asking for extra save slots might be interpreted affirmatively. For me personally - looking at the time I spend joyfully figuring out every outcome leading to a different scene (listed here) - I think the game offers a fair amount of playable content. Given the state of the development of course.

The dialogue tree driven gameplay style might not match expectations of those in favor of more linear stories or who like 'rushing' directly to intimate scenes. But in the end that remains an artistic choice for the dev to make, as is the render quality. Which to me really contribute to the game's immersion btw.

So I hope the dev will keep things the way they are. SOL's compressions will serve members downloading with slow internet connections or playing on low-end devices. I do think it would benefit the game when players get the option for a 'free roaming' and an 'automatic' mode. (As been done in games I cannot name without risking this post getting deleted for going off-topic ...)

Last edited:
Reactions: xsikal
4.20 star(s) 52 Votes