• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[S>Artist 2D] Paid Freelance 2D Artist for work

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

libra78

Jan 30, 2022
I've hired and am still hiring this artist too. And I was amazed with how quickly he produces great work. I'm very pleased with the results already!
And yes, he is Russian. So what? Normal Russians have trouble getting international contracts/jobs. So only Crypto is left for him. My very first experience with using crypto and paying someone with it. Was a little scary for me. But he explained how it worked.

In the end I also payed less than was agreed. That happened due to the fee I was charged for sending money. So next time I have to make sure I pay my fee and the amount agreed upon.

Due to the fast changing exchange rated it's hard to get the 100% amount, but sure can try to get it as close as possible.
Last time I payed 200 euro. Had to pay 5,50 as a fee. So ending up with 194,50 paying in Euro's. Gladly the amount in US dollars was still higher so I still payed the right amount. But will have to watch the fee amount next time.

We hire the artist. The artist delivers upon payment. And payment is the agreed amount the artist must receive. Not what we transfer. Paying this way costs us, the ones paying, money. Keep that in mind.

Years ago, I had the same trouble with checks received from the US. What was normal for US citizens, paying even small amounts with checks, was not normal for us Europeans. I received checks for playing card. In the end. I costsme so much that I've given away lots of cards for free. Do to the fees I had to pay for collecting the check if it was even possible.

So I have to agree with the artist in this case people. If he asks for 200 dollars for work we must make sure he receive that amount.

My 2 cents

Reactions: Domnat and tasta13

JesusHope

Oct 20, 2020
You took the russian comment personally but I was not saying anything against russian people just stating a fact. Have been working with dozen of people here and paid the bills every months. I paid the bill you are just fixating the amount you received while I provided proof that I paid even more than 200$ to the platform.
And I worked with dozens of customers and not one of them transferred the service commission to me (You agreed to the terms of work, you promised to pay me, it doesn’t matter to me how many dollars you topped up your account with, what matters to me is what came to me, and what came I have less than we agreed)

You hide your transfer to me, but I showed it to people and everyone sees that you sent me less than you topped up your account.
No one cares how many bitcoins you bought, everyone is looking at the amount I received.
What difference does it make who I am and what country I live in, how should you care about this and how does my intelligence depend on it? 12 dollars in any country is money and this is exactly the amount that I did not receive.
Once again I am sending a hash for such an educated person like you, so that moderation and people can go into the blockchain and check how many bitcoins came to my wallet.

My wallet (SO EVERYONE can see): 3CV1SuBEGVZe824nXX8qrVh68M14HTiNH4

Hash: (just copy and paste into the blockchain or blockchair and you will see how much money I received for the transfer from this charlatan)
304702ace14774c9878ec4fbb21b8137b2497f8434f75416101d28ee6891a898

1715885589587.png

Jul 5, 2021
You took the russian comment personally but I was not saying anything against russian people just stating a fact. Have been working with dozen of people here and paid the bills every months. I paid the bill you are just fixating the amount you received while I provided proof that I paid even more than 200$ to the platform.
You are calling an artist to be unprofessional, why you are the one being unprofessional. First of all, if you insult like that
1715885598790.png
You are losing all the respect people would give you, in his position I would immediately stop working with you. This is disrespectful and it means that you have still a mind of a child. Guess what, not only his reputation matters, but yours as well, because people are gonna see what kind of game you are producing and tell others how awful you are.

Also, platform fee this is always a debatable topic and you can simply reach an agreement in advance. You can split the fee so both sides pay the fee, or take the fee in total on your side. For example on Fiverr there is a fee that is paid on both sides, the buyer and seller, so it's fair (and fiverr gets more money hehe).

If 12$ is such a "no" for you, then find artist who can draw cheaper, don't waste time to argue here on forum and ruin your own reputation as well.

Reactions: libra78

tasta13

Apr 7, 2020

I had the same experience as the guy above^ I could have literally typed the same thing.

I had a hell lot of trouble paying in bitcoin and ended up paying less, I apologized when I saw it and he said it was ok. I'll just cover it next time.

I think it is common sense that the fees up to the point the payment arrives is for the one paying to cover? Getting under-paid for your work sucks. Show some respect to ppl you work with...

Reactions: Domnat and libra78

Vln_

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2018
You are calling an artist to be unprofessional, why you are the one being unprofessional. First of all, if you insult like that
View attachment 3641187
You are losing all the respect people would give you, in his position I would immediately stop working with you. This is disrespectful and it means that you have still a mind of a child. Guess what, not only his reputation matters, but yours as well, because people are gonna see what kind of game are you producing and tell others how awful you are.

Also, platform fee this is always a debatable topic and you can simply reach an agreement in advance. You can split the fee so both sides pay the fee, or take the fee in total on your side. For example on Fiverr there is a fee that is paid on both sides, the buyer and seller, so it's fair (and fiverr gets more money hehe).

If 12$ is such a "no" for you, then find artist who can draw cheaper, don't waste time to argue here on forum and ruin your own reputation as well.
You were not involved at all in this matter were you? He promised to deliver after being paid and he did not. He scammed me and arguing on false arguments after the fact. We reached an agreement and had been working like that for 3 months. You are stepping into a discussion unrelated to you without having the full understanding of it. He is now calling for everyone to defend him.

From my understanding as a client I have all the right to criticise the service that was delivered to me under my own judgement. And just to be clear I was the one to fire him not the opposite. And have been having far more positive than negative interactions with other workers here.

just warning other devs so it doesn’t happen to them.

Jul 5, 2021
You were not involved at all in this matter were you? He promised to deliver after being paid and he did not. He scammed me and arguing on false arguments after the fact. We reached an agreement and had been working like that for 3 months. You are stepping into a discussion unrelated to you without having the full understanding of it. He is now calling for everyone to defend him.

From my understanding as a client I have all the right to criticise the service that was delivered to me under my own judgement. And just to be clear I was the one to fire him not the opposite. And have been having far more positive than negative interactions with other workers here.

Unrelated to me? then why you are whining in public? it means that everyone can step in and I have all the rights to make an opinion, like you have the right to criticise, like the seller have the right to defend.

I wouldn't be surprised if another artist would think twice before working with you, because if it's so hard for you to pay 12$ fee then it means you are a poor buyer. Also... yes you are a buyer, so nobody fired anybody, you just discontinued working with someone.

Reactions: tasta13 and libra78

libra78

Jan 30, 2022

Fact remains...you hired him, agreed on a amount to pay and he didn't receive the agreed payment. He also offered to send the remaining art he kept back after receiving full payment. I would do the same if I were him.

Without written contracts we only have trust. If you payed in full and he withheld art, he would be at fault. But he isn't. You didn't pay the full amount from what I can tell.

tasta13

Apr 7, 2020

So according to your logic, he should go to your game and "warn" other people of your actions? Since you both agree on how events happened, it should be perfectly ok, right? After all no doubt it is very clear you are on the right :whistle:

Vln_

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2018
Unrelated to me? then why you are whining in public? it means that everyone can step in and I have all the rights to make an opinion, like you have the right to criticise, like the seller have the right to defend.

I wouldn't be surprised if another artist would think twice before working with you, because if it's so hard for you to pay 12$ fee then it means you are a poor buyer. Also... yes you are a buyer, so nobody fired anybody, you just discontinued working with someone.
I'm already working with 6 different artists... all of them are in desbelief with what happened, I'm just not making them jump into the arena because at the end of the day I'll just replace him.

And lmao, it's not a fee. I paid already more than what I was supposed to...

chrome_OPAA6rl7Aj.png

chrome_mUQsfJJTY4.png

It's the same for all artists, they ask you to pay a certain amount which you pay and then the platform takes some fee from them which I shouldn't be responsible for.

Vln_

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2018
So according to your logic, he should go to your game and "warn" other people of your actions? Since you both agree on how events happened, it should be perfectly ok, right? After all no doubt it is very clear you are on the right :whistle:
He can, I have no issue with that, he is a person with its own free will

JesusHope

Oct 20, 2020

I'm already working with 6 different artists... all of them are in desbelief with what happened, I'm just not making them jump into the arena because at the end of the day I'll just replace him.

And lmao, it's not a fee. I paid already more than what I was supposed to...

View attachment 3641371

View attachment 3641372

It's the same for all artists, they ask you to pay a certain amount which you pay and then the platform takes some fee from them which I shouldn't be responsible for.
Why are you showing these "empty" screenshots of account replenishment, show everyone how much money you transferred personally to your wallet?
I have this screen, fortunately there is a hash and a blockchain
1715888705401.png

Reactions: Domnat

Vln_

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2018
Why are you showing these "empty" screenshots of account replenishment, show everyone how much money you transferred personally to your wallet?
I have this screen, fortunately there is a hash and a blockchain
View attachment 3641378
I bought directly to your address look:

Discord_WoON0EMEkx.png
chrome_vjdj9QBrQv.png
btcdirect is not a wallet holder, it's just to buy cryptos: btcdirect.eu

tasta13

Apr 7, 2020
I think any person who has ever paid anything through a bank -including taxes, rent, or literally anything- will know that all the prices discussed are not including the bank charges.

Guess what will happen if you go to an online shop that sells t-shirts for 10$ and you send them 9$ with bank transfer, because the bank charges 1$ for sending money...they will just not send you the t-shirt. I think you also know it very well.

---

Also 200$ = 184.03€ your converter probably is including the conversion fee as well (or it is just wrong)

edit: it is indeed adding the conversion fee. As it is also doing when you send bitcoins, if you had put directly the amount of bitcoin you wanted to send it would just tell you the price you had to pay directly.

Vln_

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2018
At the current exchange rate, 174 euros is 188 dollars
Info links:

View attachment 3641431
No platform on the web is going to give you a fair exchange rate. Again, you can't know this because you don't have access to any of them. Again, I paid the full amount and you got less money, every single one of your argument has been countered and you try to create new ones every time. Anyone who is an experienced dev will realize how you just turned the table.

Again for the last 2 payments you didn't say anything about this exchange rate (I can provide proof of everything) you just randomly decided to not fully deliver me after promising to do so, which is a scam.
I think any person who has ever paid anything through a bank -including taxes, rent, or literally anything- will know that all the prices discussed are not including the bank charges.

Guess what will happen if you go to an online shop that sells t-shirts for 10$ and you send them 9$ with bank transfer, because the bank charges 1$ for sending money...they will just not send you the t-shirt. I think you also know it very well.

---

Also 200$ = 184.03€ your converter probably is including the conversion fee as well (or it is just wrong)

edit: it is indeed adding the conversion fee. As it is also doing when you send bitcoins, if you had put directly the amount of bitcoin you wanted to send it would just tell you the price you had to pay directly.
No bank charge a fee, you are not a developper, probably have 0 experience in paying people and you are just comparing apple with pears. When you see a book for 12€ on amazon you are never going to be charged 13€ by any payment processor, but I can guarantee that amazon will receive less than 12€ because they are supporting the payment fees.

When you send a payment through paypal for products & services, you also send technically the full amount and they then remove some platform fee. It's the same everywhere. He literally changed the conditions suddenly after 3 months of working the same way and promised to do something he didn't do. Your guys are defending a lost cause and you're just ridiculing yourselves.

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes