• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz Daz error

17MOONKEYS

Adult Fairy Tales
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2023
DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\libiray.dll" at 0033:00000000F266BBDB, mi_plugin_factory()+2658315 byte(s)

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\libiray.dll" at 0033:00000000F266BBDB, mi_plugin_factory()+2658315 byte(s)
What version of Daz are you on? When and how is happening? What assets are you using?

If you're expecting people to help you troubleshoot, some details would be helpful.

Machsalim

Oct 7, 2023
What version of Daz are you on? When and how is happening? What assets are you using?

If you're expecting people to help you troubleshoot, some details would be helpful.
We figured out that i's an error from "OOT" hair products, found the fix on Squarepegs discord server.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
We figured out that i's an error from "OOT" hair products, found the fix on Squarepegs discord server.
Hence why I asked what version of Daz he was using.

Machsalim

Oct 7, 2023
If your OOT hairs are crashing Daz, Try replacing one file with this more recent version. The location of the file should be in your library>Data>outoftouch>OOT Hairblending 2> OOT Hairblending 2 Hair. Be sure to remove the underscores from the attached file.

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
If your OOT hairs are crashing Daz, Try replacing one file with this more recent version. The location of the file should be in your library>Data>outoftouch>OOT Hairblending 2> OOT Hairblending 2 Hair. Be sure to remove the underscores from the attached file.
It doesn't work :(

I found this solution for OOT hair assets (I think it works for other assets too):

"Select the hair, open the Surfaces pane, select the hair there"(all surfaces, most of the time)", and type transm in the filter box - click the little icon/nano-thumbnail next to the colour picker for the transmitted Colour and select None."

Source from Richard here:

• Red Heart
Reactions: ReidMilkey

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
Worked perfectly for me. Thanks!

Cony3D

Feb 3, 2020
It doesn't work :(

I found this solution for OOT hair assets (I think it works for other assets too):

"Select the hair, open the Surfaces pane, select the hair there"(all surfaces, most of the time)", and type transm in the filter box - click the little icon/nano-thumbnail next to the colour picker for the transmitted Colour and select None."

Source from Richard here:
Personally it was Matthew Hair for G8M that caused Daz to crash, the method of putting none in transmitter color visibly works on several hairs, you don't need any textures on the transmission color and now no more crashes for me(y)

Thank You Saint_RNG and obviously thank you Richard Haseltine ;)