VN Ren'Py Dawn Chorus [v0.38.4] [Dawn Chorus]

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
At least in my case, I'll admit it was mostly a knee-jerk to how dogwater/increasingly muscly all the new sprites were compared to the old ones, and also many of the faces were not good, and also the staff lady who had massive honkers which was a bit silly for this VN. Just seeing Arvo's (I can't see the rest since it wants me to sign in on Google, and I'm not going to do that) new sprite is a nice improvement versus what had been previewed prior. The shading's cleaned up and actually looks like it's from the game now. Only change is the move from the sketched eyes versus more detailed, which they seem to be checking on what people like more.
So a good way to respond to the idiocy that was probably sent their way (myself included) in light of the changes, all things considered.
The vote form just line old vs. new arts side by side for comparison, you don't really need to go thru if you do that yourself.
New arts have much more accurate / defined anatomy, as well as those eyes :LOL:.
I could see some people prefer the old "doodle like' arts, but that doesn't make the new direction 'inferior'.
I'm surprised it even gets such push back (at least from here).

But some design change can be up to debate, like the deer (I'd prefer the old design).

Reactions: PaleAngel_90

AnHumanGuy

Jun 6, 2022
I really don't know why you guys are crying about the "new arts are downgrades".
Apparently they created the new version so people can see what's coming and vote
(everyone can vote)

Objectively the New Art works are much more superior, It's not even about "whether it's twink or hunk" (They are not Hunks at all lol),
but the overall lineart, shading, anatomy, posture, facial expression. The new ones are much more alive.
One thing I could ever complain about would've been the way they handled the (heated) feedback when they first announced the rework. But seeing this google form and how it's made shows that they understand how people took this change as a decision only the devs would take, but in fact they are listening to what people have to say. I think we should not take people who criticized the new sprites as some may reacted out of fear to a change they could not have acted upon (and finding arguments at any cost to do so). Thanks for sharing the link here.

Moreover now would be a good time to ask for feedback after everyone jumped at each other's throats for no good reason lmao

jukumaru

Dec 27, 2020
Dawn Chorus V0.36 - Lake (New Sprites)

"Hi folks, Branny here!

I’m thrilled to share with you the final update for day 3 of Lake’s route (and my first for the VN)!

This is a version of the update featuring the new, reworked sprites in their current incarnation while Haku is working on some changes."

Download link:

Nabrik

Jun 23, 2018
Dawn Chorus V0.36 - Lake, Old Sprites))

As revisions to the sprite rework are still in progress, we’ve decided to release two versions of this update: one with the current sprites, linked here, and another with still WIP reworked sprites that we'll share in another post as a sneak peek (available from Lively Lion tier and up).

Download link:

PAEC2785

Aug 23, 2022
I certainly don't hate the new sprites, though in all fairness, I'm still only really interested in Mikko's story— (Even if the characters do drag stuff out painfully as they have been.)
Not that I'm complaining or wish to tell the writers how to write their story, but Mikko isn't exactly lithe or anything close to what the story says he is now. When I started reading this, years ago, he was tiny, but going off of his new sprites, and even more so on the banner of DC's Itch.io page, he's got a larger figure than I do.

PAEC2785

Aug 23, 2022
I certainly don't hate the new sprites, though in all fairness, I'm still only really interested in Mikko's story— (Even if the characters do drag stuff out painfully as they have been.)
Not that I'm complaining or wish to tell the writers how to write their story, but Mikko isn't exactly lithe or anything close to what the story says he is now. When I started reading this, years ago, he was tiny, but going off of his new sprites, and even more so on the banner of DC's Itch.io page, he's got a larger figure than I do.
Okay, so of course, they go ahead and "fix this" by making his head look like a fucking egg. Bravo, Keo.

• Haha
Reactions: Garnser

PAEC2785

Aug 23, 2022
Hi all!

The time has come for the first update with Day 4. It's been a long journey up to this point and I'm so glad and thankful I could go on that journey with you. From here, I can already see the end, but it's still far on the horizon - two more days and then then some more content still ahead of us.

As for the update - this time it's written by me, Keo, for Mikko's route. Branny is still working on Jørgen's update, so that will be released at a later date, once it's ready. The update is on the shorter side; a lot of time and effort on both Haku and my part went into the new sprites, and this update features what I hope is the final version of them, not counting some minor fixes and new assets. I tested the update itself, but I still need to go through the rest of the VN and fix some positionning issues - that will happen a bit later.

So, here it is! Day 4, Mikko. Happy reading!

Download link:
Newest update, if you can manage to take these sprites seriously.

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
DawnChorus-0.38.4
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes